General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bed covers

Looking for options on bed covers. I know there are hard cover tonneau's, and folding ones, now I read about rolling covers. Looking for durable, affordable, but not pos...gimme your suggestions.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 6,203 Likes on 4,674 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Syke
Looking for options on bed covers. I know there are hard cover tonneau's, and folding ones, now I read about rolling covers. Looking for durable, affordable, but not pos...gimme your suggestions.

Roll-X from BAK

Love mine because it uses no cargo space, very durable, low profile, secure and nearly water proof. Get a few dribbles at each end when at a high pressure car wash.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

That looks like a really nice cover. I was looking for a roll up soft cover when I came across mine. I got a fold up hard cover made by advance cover. It has 4 panels that fold up and sits up towards the cab. The front panel and the back panel has a lock, and is actually quite secure as far as tonneau covers go. They make an undermount toolbox that goes under the front panel, so it opens up that way also. Easy install and would come off with two bolts.
As far as solid hard covers. They look great, super secure, and dry. But from my experience, you are very limited to what you can do with your truck.

Folded up.

Laid out.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 AM

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

No pics on hand right now, but I like my BakFlip G2 tri-fold. Sturdy, clean low profile, easy function, pretty secure also. The black painted surface can get scratched, but other than that, no problems. I even mount 2-3 mountain bikes directly to the cover itself and it holds strong. Barely any leaks (also only at car wash).
Mine came with my truck so I can't tell you why I chose it over another.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Newb

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just installed a Bak Flip G2 on my 2010 Screw, it was easy to install, low profile, and damn near water proof when I went through the car wash yesterday. Here's a few pics...

Folds completely out of the way if needed...

Track drain hoses run right out of the bed...

Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Nice thing about having the bedrug with the BakFlip is that the hoses then runs behind the carpet. %100 seamless install. Looks the trunk of a car, but can be washed out with a garden hose and left in the sun to dry.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I am very stisfied with my TonnoPro Loroll cover. I got it for around $220 on sale, can't remember where though. It is low profile and does not have the annoying bows like some roll-up soft covers. Virtually no water at all except a little where the tailgate meets the cover. I believe that coud be remedied with some weather stripping but it has honestly not been that big of a deal to me. A funny thing, a friend of mine has the TruXedo Lo Pro QT cover on his 2012 Silverado. The two covers appear to be identical to me. They look the same, function the same etc.
The only difference I could find was the clamps with the Truxedo seemed to be a little beefier. The Truxedo appears to be about twice as much as what I paid, so if you are considering it, give the Tonno Pro a look. It looks to me like both covers are produced by the same maufacturer...they are that similar.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts

I am just speaking from experience I had a truxedo lo pro qt and loved it . Great quality and very durable . I now have an undercover flex and it is an amazing cover very durable and great quality also. The truxedo costed me 289 the undercover flex costed me 750 they both have there pros and cons but it your looking for a soft rolling cover the truxedo products are very nice!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I like the low profile style of Extang Revolution. I had one before and had no problems with it.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 AM
King Lariat

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

The roll-x is definitely my favorite.

It's all about what you want to do with the cover- Well, moreso plan to achieve.

Quick Reply: Bed covers