General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antenna Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 10:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Antenna Problem

I have a 2015 Lariat EB SCREW. A few weeks ago I left my garage to discover none of my AM stations were coming in...at all. After 3 or 4 days one of my local Sports Talk stations started to come in (it's a station with a strong signal), but it is spotty. I took it to a nearby dealer today that I usually go to for LOFRs and service to have it looked at. The service guy says that there was a radio update on the APIM they performed but it didn't fix it. The next step is to pull the dash half apart to check the connections but other than saying it's a long job, they can't give me a time frame of start to finish. To make matters worse, if it is something to do with a bad cable, they would have to order it meaning, it would need to be left with them until they get the part (due to the time it would take to resemble and disassemble again when the parts arrive). He said if that doesn't solve the problem, the next step is to replace the APIM. It would be nice if they could try replacing the APIM first before tearing into a job that could knock it out of commission for days. To make matters even worse, Ford's warranty doesn't cover a loner car. Since I didn't buy it at said dealer, I'm S.O.L. I called the dealer where I bought it but they would reluctant to offer a loner car too, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I will I'll add that I take it through the auto wash a few times a week on average. Most times the attendant removes the antenna but it has been through the wash with the antenna not removed. I'm wondering if this might have anything to do with the problem. Anyone ever experience a problem like this?

Last edited by TigerJon73; 08-01-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Forgot domething
Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

While you have it, make sure the antenna is screwed down tightly and make sure everything is tight and well where it goes from the mast base to cable on the other side of your fender. That's the most likely place for a poor connection, in my mind.