General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2024 Platinum Plus - Ford Nickel and Dime the customer

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2024 Platinum Plus - Ford Nickel and Dime the customer

I don't normally post much but very much appreciate everyone's insight and feedback on these forums. I'll try not to make this a "bitch" fest although it may seem that way. I just want to point out some nickel and dime moves Ford did on these new trucks.

I own a business in Canada that recycles electronics and I like new trucks, so I normally get a new leased F150 every 12 to 18 months. This last run was 21 months as Fords been holding my ordered truck hostage since January 5th when it was built and parked in one of their lots. In October 2023 I ordered a loaded Platinum in Antimatter Blue, my third truck in that color. This was when I first got a taste of Ford's cost cutting approach. I ordered the Platinum because I wanted the "black appearance" package, great package and was looking forward to it. While with the dealer ordering it they told me it looks like the Platinum doesn't come with dual exhaust, which was a disappointment as that is a great look and really sets the black pack apart, however in the Lariat trim it does come with dual exhaust which is basically a snub to Platinum buyers. I got over it as I don't own the trucks long and maybe in 2025 Ford will go back to it.

Waited patiently for the truck to come, January the dealer called me and told me the truck was built and they were hoping Ford would ship soon. Which was great as I was heading to Florida in March with the Motorcycles and would be putting over 6000km on the truck and I didn't want to do that in my 2022 Platinum as it would drive the trade in value down a bit. Today is April 29, 2024 and my ordered truck still hasn't been shipped, doing another trip into North Carolina so last week I took a Black Platinum Plus that the dealer just had delivered as I was tired of waiting. The lack of the new tailgate was dirty pool also but at least Ford did mention it was going to be a late availability thing, but why not include the Platinum cover like on the 2023's in the short term, from behind my $114,500.00 CAD Platinum doesn't look any different than a $45K XL, thanks Ford.

Been driving the Platinum Plus a week and have found some things that really aren't a major deal but figured since no one ever talks about it you may find it interesting. I feel it's a petty move by Ford to save a couple bucks.

Below are some differences between my 2022 Platinum and the 2024 Platinum Plus.

No front camera washer
No rubber matt in the under the seat pop up storage box, my hitch is constantly sliding around, asked the dealer to pull the matt out of my 2022 and give it to me, which they did.
No remote start indicator light in the remote control. That was a brilliant feature that I used all the time, now it's just guess work.
No engine cover.
No running lights for the trailers when you plug them in, they only activate when the head lights are on.

Simply nickel and dime stuff, the 2024 was $10,000 CAD more than the 2022 Platinum, the Plus costs more I get it, but not that much. I figure Ford is doing this to try and dig themselves out of the EV hole they have landed in. All us ICE guys get to share in the EV pain.

There are also some cool things no one ever talks about which is nice and helps Ford call this a refresh.

New graphics on the gauge cluster is nice.
Tow / Haul screen on the cluster is fantastic, great info displayed. Completely different than before.
The HUD is the best I've seen, lots of relevant info displayed.
Electronic shock trickery makes the ride a bit better.
The camera side view of the truck with a trailer when you signal is much nicer than the GM resolution, fantastic option.
The adaptive cruise has been updated with a very cool feature, on tight two-lane roads it sees corners coming and pops an arrow indicator up in the direction of the corner and will slow the truck down to safely take the turn from the set speed and coming out of the corner it accelerates back up to the set speed. Just came back from a 1000km trip towing my side x side and noticed I never had to react to slow the truck on some of the sharp turns as it did it for me.
New front end and taillights are nice, not a game changer.

Waiting on some updates to trickle in as the gauge is a bit glitchy with some screens and milage calculations are way off, but I'm sure Ford is going to release something soon.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: 2024 Platinum Plus - Ford Nickel and Dime the customer