General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 07:40 PM

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default 2022 battery issues

So after all the crap I went through with my last truck, I traded it in for a new 22 3.5. Iv had it about a month and so far it’s been through 3 battery’s. Something keeps draining the battery. I checked the best I could and nothing seems to stay on but it’s clearly pulling a draw somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this? It takes about 4 days of sitting and the truck goes into deep sleep. The Interior lights won’t come on and I can’t do anything to the truck with my cord pass app.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:43 PM

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Yep its addressed in other posts.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:00 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Exclamation

bigtriton...
Google [ site:f150forum.com/f129 battery drain ]
  1. There are year specific forums which better serve non-general F-150 issues/topics.

» Late Model F150s ««« -click-

2021+ Ford F150
  2. Consider putting your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, maintenance, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature to have it automagically included when you post.
    » Edit Signature ««« -click-
    *You have to be logged-in and don't forget to [ save ] it.
    **If you're posting with a non-PC ap' insure that "full version" is selected to work properly.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by digitaltrucker
Yep its addressed in other posts.
maybe I’m not looking in the right spot. I’m having trouble finding post about this issue. Im not very familiar with navigating the site yet
Old 11-04-2022, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
Google [ site:f150forum.com/f129 battery drain ]
  1. There are year specific forums which better serve non-general F-150 issues/topics.

» Late Model F150s ««« -click-

2021+ Ford F150
  2. Consider putting your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, maintenance, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature to have it automagically included when you post.
    » Edit Signature ««« -click-
    *You have to be logged-in and don't forget to [ save ] it.
    **If you're posting with a non-PC ap' insure that "full version" is selected to work properly.
thanks for the advice. I updated and saved my signature
Old 11-04-2022, 09:43 AM
Official Ford Account

Received 461 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtriton
So after all the crap I went through with my last truck, I traded it in for a new 22 3.5. Iv had it about a month and so far it’s been through 3 battery’s. Something keeps draining the battery. I checked the best I could and nothing seems to stay on but it’s clearly pulling a draw somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this? It takes about 4 days of sitting and the truck goes into deep sleep. The Interior lights won’t come on and I can’t do anything to the truck with my cord pass app.
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you with this battery concern. Thank you!
Old 11-04-2022, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ford Motor Co.
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you with this battery concern. Thank you!
I sent you the Info in a message!

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2022, 07:36 PM

Took the truck to the dealer today. They claim it’s completely normal for my truck to go into deep sleep mode after 5 days if sitting. They tested the battery and checked for updates. Other than that they dont plan to do anything else. Looks like I’ll be going to another dealer. There’s no way the truck going into deep sleep after 5 days is normal. I can’t use my remote start if it’s in deep sleep. The TSB states deep sleep is normal after 14 days of sitting.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2023 Ford F-150 4x4 SuperCrew Lariat, VIN: 1FTFW1E88PFB12405

I have the same problem with a Power Drain overnight, it's been to the dealer twice for evaluation. It's been at the dealer 12 days, battery checks out ok, parasitic draw was done, nothing found. Keeps going in Deep Sleep 5 times and Remote Features Disabled to preserve Battery 12 times. Anyone have any idea what can cause this?
Old 08-03-2023, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by George H
I have the same problem with a Power Drain overnight, it's been to the dealer twice for evaluation. It's been at the dealer 12 days, battery checks out ok, parasitic draw was done, nothing found. Keeps going in Deep Sleep 5 times and Remote Features Disabled to preserve Battery 12 times. Anyone have any idea what can cause this?
I turned off automatic updates and now it doesn’t go into deep sleep unless I let the truck sit for about 2 weeks. Ford claims that’s normal

Quick Reply: 2022 battery issues