Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 Lighting on Trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 1994 Lighting on Trucks!

I watched with great interest the engine work which was done on 1994 F150 Lightning on "Trucks!". Talk about a rescue of a nice truck, did you see the hammered valve covers. I can't say I liked the turbo setup they installed, You sure would not want to take this setup out on the slushy roads we have in Cheyenne today. It was interesting to learn about the injection system this truck has. Looks like I lucked out with mine I have the EFI system that uses a mass airflow sensor. Was this made standard on the 1995 model year? It was interesting that he didn't find it necessary to tear into the 351W on the lightning. what I am waiting for is when he tears into the front end.

As for the Chevy I have never been a big fan of the 454 engine, oh it's a good motor in terms of reliability and such but it is a big lump of iron. One of the sweetest V8's you can drop into a Chevy/GMC is the Hi compression 429, 472, and the 500 cid Cadillac V8's. Of course the problem you run into with these V8's isn't much in the way of after market performance goodies for them.

Last edited by transmaster; 04-10-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: 1994 Lighting on Trucks!