Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

2018 F250 backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 F250 backup camera

We recently bought a 2018 F-250 XL and the previous owner had made a few modifications. He removed the antenna and base (not the cable, fortunately) and replaced the original front screen with a touch screen. I don't know if the XL comes with a backup camera so I don't know if he got partway through removing it or partway through installing it. (The dealer says that the current camera did not originally come with the truck.) I would like to get the backup camera working.

The touchscreen has a backup camera input that is patched into a cable that is bundled with several other cables. The harness at the back of the truck has three open female sockets (see attached). I'm guessing that the first one is for the backup camera because it has two inputs, but don't know for sure. A camera is installed just above the handle of the tailgate (don't have the number handy but I can get it if it's really necessary). Does anybody know what kind of cable I would need to connect from the harness to the camera? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2018 F250 backup camera