Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Took apart my '75 F100 carb, had a piece left over...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Took apart my '75 F100 carb, had a piece left over...

I had to replace all my fuel lines and filters due to 41 years of crud in the tank of my 1975 F100 with a 300 straight 6. I went ahead and took the carb off to clean the float bowl while I was at it. The carburetor is a Carter single barrel (stock for the straight six motor). After separating the two halves, cleaning out the bowl and laying it upside down to dry it out, I put everything back together. The truck fired right up, and runs just fine but while I was cleaning up I found a straggler piece I assume came from the carb.

It is a small brass rectangular piece, and one end has a small dimple in it. The whole piece is only about the size of a pencil eraser. I attached some pictures. Can anybody tell me what this piece is and where it goes so I can put it back?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-09-2016, 11:13 AM
all hail the blue oval

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that is a weight that sets on top of a check ball in a pocket between the air horn and the float bowl.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:17 AM
all hail the blue oval

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the pump check ball close to the middle of the pic. I think that is it right above it.
Attached Thumbnails Took apart my '75 F100 carb, had a piece left over...-carter-carb.png  

Quick Reply: Took apart my '75 F100 carb, had a piece left over...