Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

82 f150 302

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 82 f150 302

Hey folks, we had a tired 302 that is original to the vehicle so we decided to keep the cast iron block and heads. We have the block and heads at the machine shop currently to be cleaned up, surfaces machined, freeze plugs, honed/bored etc.....

We're not looking for a racer just some spirited driving, wondering what we should consider aside from the clean up? We'll shave the heads, deck the block and probably looking to bore the cylinder 30 over unless something additional is needed to clean the walls up. The engine only has about 80K on it and it is in really good condition.

We also consider components from CNC Motorsports https://cnc-motorsports.com/engine-p...-ford-302-kits and was wondering if anyone had experience with them? Pros/Cons?

I really like the selection of stroker kits available for this engine, 331, 347..... Wonder what some of you guys have done?

The one thing about this engine that bothers me when we opened it up is the size of the rod bolts, they look tiny compared to other engines and I would think that is a weak point.

The plan is Naturally aspirated, upper end of the mild side for the cam, pump gas, intake and carb to match.

Any info or advice greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 82 f150 302