Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Normal" vs "Ecco"

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Normal" vs "Ecco"

I just leased a 2018 XLT ecco boost with the 2.7, 10 speed transmission, sport. On the center console shifter is button that you can select different driving conditions. I looked in the manual to see what the different is between "Normal" driving and "Ecco", but found nothing. Can some explain the difference?
Old 06-10-2018, 10:56 AM
On down the highway

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Eco is for better fuel economy provided you drive with a light pedal. I use mine mainly for highway driving. With it set on cruise and the distance keeper engaged, the truck doesn't shift gears to regain speeds when the lane in front opens back up..applies less throttle to bring you back to speed smoothly
Old 06-15-2018, 07:01 PM

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

I think it limits boost and up-shifts sooner. I use it on the highway with cruise where you're just maintaining speed. It still climbs mountains well. I used once in-town and it lost all of that ecoboost wholesome goodness. The other day I was cruising down the interstate at about 70 mph. Took it out of eco and felt the slightest surge in the truck.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried using the Economy when I bought my truck and it just was not to my liking. I use Sport and Tow everyday, my mileage is still really good, I do drive mostly interstate daily though.

Quick Reply: "Normal" vs "Ecco"