Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice for what to do with my new 2024 RCSB 4x4 f150

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice for what to do with my new 2024 RCSB 4x4 f150

I am new to the coyote platform and have only owned vettes, and was wondering if any previous owners of 5.0 trucks could give me advice on what mods they would do first if they were to start over.
Engine or cosmetic mods are welcome.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:50 PM
FORD lifer

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

What are you doing with it? Pulling something? If so, how often and how heavy.

What kind of driving are you doing? Pavement, gravel or off road?
Old 03-19-2024, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by montanaman
What are you doing with it? Pulling something? If so, how often and how heavy.

What kind of driving are you doing? Pavement, gravel or off road?
I will be doing most of my driving in the city and wont be pulling much if any, just wanted to see what performance upgrades are the best bang for your buck for the 5.0 and what mods made the biggest difference.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:08 AM

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDyl13
I will be doing most of my driving in the city and wont be pulling much if any, just wanted to see what performance upgrades are the best bang for your buck for the 5.0 and what mods made the biggest difference.
#1 Whipple 3.0
Old 03-20-2024, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by F150LL
#1 Whipple 3.0
I have heard that from a couple people. Do you need any supporting mods first or is the 5.0 reliable enough to just put it on straight after I get the truck in ?
Old 03-20-2024, 08:33 PM

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDyl13
I have heard that from a couple people. Do you need any supporting mods first or is the 5.0 reliable enough to just put it on straight after I get the truck in ?
I recommend putting some miles on the truck first, just in case there are mechanical or electrical issues with the truck that the dealer will need to sort out. I did 8k miles before putting on the kit and it's been great. Other than maybe a balancer bolt if you want to be really safe, there's not much else needed for reliable operation. Oh, and do make sure you put in a set of colder plugs when you do the install.
The following users liked this post:
Mark Miller (03-20-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by F150LL
I recommend putting some miles on the truck first, just in case there are mechanical or electrical issues with the truck that the dealer will need to sort out. I did 8k miles before putting on the kit and it's been great. Other than maybe a balancer bolt if you want to be really safe, there's not much else needed for reliable operation. Oh, and do make sure you put in a set of colder plugs when you do the install.
Thanks for the advice I will definitely try and put some miles on the truck before going too crazy with mods

Quick Reply: Need advice for what to do with my new 2024 RCSB 4x4 f150