Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good deal on #42 injectors for my turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 01:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for a good deal on #42 injectors for my turbo build

I will be running 6-8 lbs of boost with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and I'm on the fence if my stock injectors would work with an increase in fuel pressure or if I should grab some #42 injectors.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

try injector dynamics. Always better to upgrade injectors for that additional headroom, but I remember an old trick back in the day of upping pressure from 3 to 4 bar via adjustable fpr just before the fuel rail. Might work just fine on your 5.4 if the fuel pump is up to task (good ol walbro pumps solve that IMO).
Old 12-27-2017, 05:45 PM

The approach I was going to take was to upon initial startup watch my a/f guage to make sure I have at least 14.5:1 ratio at idle. As I start out with adding a few pounds of boost I will also make sure to be richer than 12:1 a/f ratio and play with the fuel pressure regulator as needed. All I'm willing to boost is 6-8 lbs before any injector upgrade/tune to play it safe . What's your take on that?
Old 12-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkaiser8811
The approach I was going to take was to upon initial startup watch my a/f guage to make sure I have at least 14.5:1 ratio at idle. As I start out with adding a few pounds of boost I will also make sure to be richer than 12:1 a/f ratio and play with the fuel pressure regulator as needed. All I'm willing to boost is 6-8 lbs before any injector upgrade/tune to play it safe . What's your take on that?
I think you have to watch ignition timing too.

I wouldn't run a turbo setup without appropriate engine management in place. That's just asking for trouble.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:19 PM

The whole cam phaser gig doesn't help me out either.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (12-28-2017)

Quick Reply: Looking for a good deal on #42 injectors for my turbo build