Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! 2010 f150 5.4 failed tune and stock recovery

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! 2010 f150 5.4 failed tune and stock recovery

Please help! I tried to tune my truck with an SCT tuner and it failed. Then, it failed to reinstall the stock image. Is there anything I can do, short of towing it to the dealer and reflashing /replacing the ecu?

I had theft lights, but now they're gone. Please help!!!
Old 06-08-2019, 11:21 PM

Default Current situation

Truck is in limp mode with a bunch of network codes. Guess I'll drive it to the dealership tomorrow. Hopefully they can re-flash back to stock.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:47 AM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

Can you use the tuner to clear all the codes? I've have numerous issues getting the tunes with my x4 to load. I will turn the key off, reboot the tuner, turn the key on, clear codes and then try reflashing the tune again and it will usually work. I started having issues after installing the latest firmware on the x4.

Normally when I get a fail to load tune error I'll have a wrench in the instrument cluster so that's when I clear the codes and then start over.
The following users liked this post:
tmccorkel (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 10:30 AM

I just tried that. I'm getting a download error on my TCU and it tells me to return to stock. I've done this so many times I think I lost my original stock recovery.

Also, I did just update my X4 firmware before starting this ordeal.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:44 AM

Ok.. took a few tries, but she's all good!! You, my friend, are a lifesaver!
Old 08-16-2019, 06:50 PM
Ski-Doo Master Technician

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dud your tune give you a fuel economy increase, power improvements, better towing?

I just picked up a 2010 5.4 FX4 and am curious about a tuner.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Denis Gionet
Dud your tune give you a fuel economy increase, power improvements, better towing?

I just picked up a 2010 5.4 FX4 and am curious about a tuner.
I only tow a utility trailer on occasion, so I can't say much for towing, but everything else was improved. Unfortunately, I live in an area that requires emissions tests and my tune isn't emissions compliant, so I'm back to stock.. I do miss the throttle response and power..
Old 10-03-2020, 09:33 PM

Default Help! 2017 explorer sport Failed to load- deleted ECU

Hoping someone somewhere can help me. I have a 2017 explorer sport 3.5L eco boost with livernois tune. I went to load tow tune and when I went to turn on vehicle I got every error message and truck won’t start. Says no ECU on livernois programmer. “Is key on” or something similar. It’s a Saturday evening I can’t reach anyone at livernois have to be at work Monday. Kinda need this thing to work. Anyone have any advice ? Thank you
Old 10-03-2020, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Adamwins
Hoping someone somewhere can help me. I have a 2017 explorer sport 3.5L eco boost with livernois tune. I went to load tow tune and when I went to turn on vehicle I got every error message and truck won’t start. Says no ECU on livernois programmer. “Is key on” or something similar. It’s a Saturday evening I can’t reach anyone at livernois have to be at work Monday. Kinda need this thing to work. Anyone have any advice ? Thank you
Unfortunately, I don't have much advice other than try to flash back to stock. I was eventually able to recover my factory tune, but seriously considered taking it to the dealer to let them re-flash it.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by tmccorkel
Unfortunately, I don't have much advice other than try to flash back to stock. I was eventually able to recover my factory tune, but seriously considered taking it to the dealer to let them re-flash it.

When I connect the tuner and even code reader they will not communicate with the damn thing. On my livernois mycalibrator it just attempts to connect and says “No ECU found! Is the key ON?” Not sure if I need to clear all the errors first or what or even how to go about that. Pretty frustrating. Thanks for your reply though.

Quick Reply: HELP!! 2010 f150 5.4 failed tune and stock recovery