Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bcb tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bcb tuning

Has anyone tried BCB Tuning? If so how is compared to all the other tuners? Thank you in advance for your info!
Old 01-27-2019, 10:56 PM

Received 843 Likes on 495 Posts

Decent tunes, I much prefer 5 Star personally
Old 01-27-2019, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of tune do you run with 5 star?
Old 01-29-2019, 02:22 PM

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,215 Posts

BCB tunes, nothing I can compare personally. They are local to me, big reason first choice. Very good service on the tuning, advise, shop work with suspension. Canned Highlander is my daily drive, the custom performance is used only when I can get some traction, dry weather and moderate temperatures.
Have heard BCB tunes are punchier low to mid range, at some top end expense. I may check that opinion out some day. KM
Old 01-29-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 897 Likes on 680 Posts

I will agree that BCB is one of my favorites in all around feel. I have tunes from 5*, Unleashed, Gearhead, and BCB and they all have their pluses and minuses.

5Stars throttle tip in seems to be the strongest but they had the weakest top end for me. Their towing tune, at least for me, is second to none. This mostly comes down to the tip in and perfect transmission tuning they seem to have.

Unleashed had a solid top end, but slightly less tip in so it doesn't feel as lively off the line. His towing tune is meh and is not nearly as refined as 5Star.

Gearhead is a great all around tune. It has a strong top end but a weaker low end, which he claims is for long term reliability and controlling temperatures. The towing tune is decent, but didnt quite seem to have the telepathic shifting of the 5Star tow tune and lacks in the low end torque compared to 5Star as well. If you buy his argument that the other tunes are too hot on the low end then I guess this makes it the best(safest) tow tune, but I certainly prefer 5Star.

BCB tune is like gearheads with a stronger low end. I like the shifting and throttle tip in a bit better on the BCB and it is now my daily driver. I have not tried towing with it yet, but if it has shifting as good as 5stars then it could be a contender for the towing crown.

Disclaimer: I have a 2014 and live at 6500', so 80% the air density of sea level, my comments my not apply to all situations. My turbos are limited to stock power levels at this altitude so I dont really have the capability to run as much top end power as others might. My tunes tend to hit peak airflow at 4500-4750 RPM and stay flat after that.

Last edited by mass-hole; 01-29-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:24 PM

Received 612 Likes on 439 Posts

^^ that sounds about right. It's also one of the reasons Ford bumped the turbo size up in 2018 apparently.

Quick Reply: Bcb tuning