Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Vibration after multiple sets of tires.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration after multiple sets of tires.

I'm new to the site and just looking for some help. My truck has a vibration when I get about 50 mph and I've tried a few things to try and fix it. I've went through 3 full sets of tires and the set I'm currently running is brand new.I thought it was a bent wheel so i replaced that wheel. Every set I've had has been balanced 2-3 times by different companies. Nothing has helped. If anyone has had this problem and could give some help I'd greatly appreciate it. I drive a 2014 F150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 if that matters any.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Resecker15
I'm new to the site and just looking for some help. My truck has a vibration when I get about 50 mph and I've tried a few things to try and fix it. I've went through 3 full sets of tires and the set I'm currently running is brand new.I thought it was a bent wheel so i replaced that wheel. Every set I've had has been balanced 2-3 times by different companies. Nothing has helped. If anyone has had this problem and could give some help I'd greatly appreciate it. I drive a 2014 F150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 if that matters any.
Either brake rotors warped, driveshaft out of balance, pinion angle out of tolerance, or rear diff lash out of tolerance. That's the usual culprits for the newer f150's.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:29 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

If your absolutely positive the wheels are the culprit, Dynabeads may be the savior. I use them in my tires (35x12.50x18) as my balance machine can't quite get them as balanced as I like. Use the tire size chart for the correct amount per wheel. I also use them in my motorcycle tires.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Quick Reply: Vibration after multiple sets of tires.