Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Tsb 13-6-8

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsb 13-6-8

Sorry for the long post just wanted to go in detail what it's doing and it seems like this TSB would fix it. I posted this on a another forum and figured I'd post here. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought a used 2013 Ford Raptor SCrew with 17,XXX miles on it back in August of 2016 and it now has 23,XXX on it and hadn't had any problems until March of this year. The first time I was heading home from work and stopped at a stop sign went to take off and it would barely start gaining speed the wrench light came on speedo didn't work and everything else was dashed out. I limped it home as I was only like a 1/4 mile from home, turned it off and back on and it seemed to be fine. I didn't think nothing of it til a month later in April when it acted up again twice in the same week. This time I did not get the wrench but I noticed it was shifting from 1st to 5th after coming to a stop. Tried putting it in manual and shifting that wouldn't work. I noticed I could clear the symptoms with cycling the key. I took it to the dealer a few days later and they keep it 4 or 5 days and said that it would not duplicate the symptoms and it had no error codes. I bought the Premium ESP 60 month 48,000 mile warranty so they didn't charge me.

2 weeks ago it started doing the same thing, twice in the same week wouldn't throw the wrench light and would clear with a key cycle. Well last night it done it but this time it wouldn't clear with turning it off and pulling the key tried it twice even waited for the screens to go off. Kept shifting from 1st to 5th so decided to try manual and it lets me keep it in 1st gear to get going then I try to shift to 2nd and does nothing and try again it goes to 3rd and the wrench light comes on goes off and everything is dashed out again and the speedo doesn't work so I limp it down to a red light put it in Drive and it takes off from a stop in 3rd shifts to 4th and 5th like it should. I notice it won't shift in 6th gear. I slow down for a stop sign and it down shifts to 3rd like it should but won't go to 2nd or 1st so I easily take my time to get it about 10 miles down the road to the dealer only having 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I get it to the dealer about 7:20 last night and they close at 8. I don't turn it off because I want someone to see it. I tell him that I've brought it in before and tell him about the TSB and he rights it up gets in it, and pulls it in and turns it off.

I'm afraid that once they turn it back on it will clear itself again and not be able to see any codes etc. Also I think my truck isn't showing up for this TSB because it says for vehicles manufactured on or before April 8th 2013 and my truck was made in June of 2013.

Thanks,
Cody
Old 05-25-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Sounds like you need the lead frame replaced in the trans, it's the wiring harness for all the electronics that make the trans do what it's supposed to do, they have a TSB about it and the one you speak of may be that TSB. Seems to be some sort of metal contamination from manufacturing gets inside and shorts the solenoid connections.

Your premium care ESP should cover it less any deductible.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to report that I got my truck back about 2 weeks ago and haven't had any problems since. Per the invoice looks like they replaced the molded lead frame and flushed the transmission.