Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

My Dog needs a favor.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 12:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My Dog needs a favor.

I own a 04 Heritage F-150. My dog loves this truck because of it's excellent AC.

Unfortunately this spring it's not blowing as strong as it used to.

I had the Freon checked but the problem remained. It blows cold air but not very much.

The blower motor works great when it's blowing warm air or in defrost mode. I need some ideas on how to fix this problem fairly easy if possible.

My dog has to be with me at all times. I call her My Most Excellent Traveling Companion because she causes me no trouble on the road. She is a man's dog. She loves hardware stores and hates Walmart.
The following users liked this post:
dlbb (06-06-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl Belken

My dog has to be with me at all times. I call her My Most Excellent Traveling Companion because she causes me no trouble on the road. She is a man's dog. She loves hardware stores and hates Walmart.
Don't know to help with the AC, but just have to say anyone that hates mallwart is alright in my book, especially the 4 legged people. Ya, my boy goes practically everywhere with me, as well.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by johnday
Don't know to help with the AC, but just have to say anyone that hates mallwart is alright in my book, especially the 4 legged people. Ya, my boy goes practically everywhere with me, as well.

I forgot to mention that she likes garages too. That's because men can be found there.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Did you look into the blend door operation? while its blowing try turning it from cold to hot to cold again.
Listen for any strange noises like clicking or binding.
http://www.alldatadiy.com/alldatadiy...6060/141240332
Old 06-06-2017, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Phil48315
Did you look into the blend door operation? while its blowing try turning it from cold to hot to cold again.

Thank You Phil!! I'll give that a try tomorrow!! Another thing I forgot to mention is that I blows just fine when the switch is on Panel.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Phil48315

I tried what you suggested and I wound up with a temporary solution to the problem. I turned it from cold to hot several times. All at once it started blowing lots of air on Max AC.

I'm going to leave it in that position all summer. I've turned the ignition off several times since then and when I turn it back on the air continues work properly.