Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O2 sensors

I am showing a P2270 and a P0054 code. Both Bank 1 sensor 2. I have figured out this is passenger side sensor past the CAT.

I have removed the CATs from this truck and the guy that put the Exhaust on has put the sensors in the new exhaust. Looks like he welded a point for them to screw into.

Can I replace this sensor and it fix my problem or am I gonna just have to live with the check engine light on.

The truck is running rich...
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt503
I am showing a P2270 and a P0054 code. Both Bank 1 sensor 2. I have figured out this is passenger side sensor past the CAT.

I have removed the CATs from this truck and the guy that put the Exhaust on has put the sensors in the new exhaust. Looks like he welded a point for them to screw into.

Can I replace this sensor and it fix my problem or am I gonna just have to live with the check engine light on.

The truck is running rich...
Those sensors past the cat are cat monitors, with the cats gone it will keep the light on.

However there is a device you can put on them to fool the computer into thinking the cat is still there and working.

Google "mil eliminator" don'tknow if they will work on the newer systems but its worth a try.

Last edited by RLXXI; 03-18-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am guessing I just unplug the wire connection and plug these in? I found em on google
Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Last set i used required soldering them inline.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

There are direct plug in ones too. The rear oxygen sensor will not cause it to run rich. As he said it just monitors the cat. That sounds like a tuning issue. I see you have the edge tuner on there... I DO NOT like edge tuners. SCT is the way to go with Fords IMHO. Also get it custom tuned, not mail order tuned. What works for 1 vehicle may not work well for another. You can also turn off the rear oxygen sensors with a good tune.

Frank

Last edited by NGM; 03-18-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good afternoon,

Removal of the catalytic converters will result in rich mixtures and poor gas mileage.
You will continue to have these issues even if you have new properly working Oxygen sensors.
The ECU monitors the front and rear sensor activity to control air fuel ratio and catalytic converter functionality. As long as the catalysts are missing, this functionality is disabled.

If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us and we will be happy to help.

Walker Pro (www.walkerproducts.com)

Quick Reply: O2 sensors