Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

NOW what is wrong??MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOW what is wrong??MAF???

In the past 2 weeks, I have replaced the EVAP Valve silonid thing and all 3 O2 sensors, yet the truck is still spiting out different codes.

After I replaced all the O2 sensors, it only had P0443 left on.

Well this weekend, I now have 4 codes, saying one O2 sensor in each bank is a circuit malfunction, lack up upstream on one of the codes, and EVAP system circuit malfunction.

So I cleaned the MAF, reset the battery cable, back to square one.

I'm running out of patience and things to replace related to these fault codes. Do I need to just replace the MAF now? I even pulled the rear O2 sensor to look at it..its still bronze in color. I have no idea what is wrong with this damn truck anymore, and I'm about ready to sell it.

Please help!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Dark Overlord of Planet X

The problem with reading codes is that they don't tell you the problem. If you have a code saying that an o2 sensor picked something up it doesn't mean to just replace the sensor. What did the sensor pick up?

I was working on a Probe with a check engine light that flashed a "rich fuel mixture code". I changed the oil and it went away. It seems that one day the owner couldn't get it started and kept cranking on it, the fuel washed past the rings and wound up in the oil. The PVC then sucked up these fuel vapors and then ran them back into the intake which caused it to run rich.

It was a good thing that there was a much more experienced mechanic there or I would have thrown a bunch of parts at that car.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Ford Fan

I would start very basis, more so, because my skills are basic, but check your wiring harness from the o2's MAF etc to the power distribution box. Check you relays check all the free stuff you can check. I find this saves me lots of cash i don't have.

Quick Reply: NOW what is wrong??MAF???