Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

New 2015 F150 - Crooked Tailgate From Manufactuer

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Unhappy New 2015 F150 - Crooked Tailgate From Manufactuer

Hello,

I just bought this new 2015 F150 and noticed when I picked it up that the rear tailgate was not correctly put on the vehicle from the manufacturer. The left top side of the tailgate was not flush with the rest of the body and stuck out ~2 inches and was not able to hit the striker without slamming the tailgate hard. The tailgate pops very loud when you try to open it like there is stress on the locking mechanism. The dealer said they fixed it but its still not flush with the rest of the body and still pops loudly when you open it. The dealer said this was common in some of the vehicles their getting, and they could not adjust it anymore after spending 1 hour on it. They said they could look more into it if I give them the vehicle again for a day...they also said Ford put out a bulletin saying not to try to adjust tailgates. I feel swindled. So I'm at a loss, its a brand new truck and I have this crooked tailgate on my truck. I don't see why they wont just pick up the phone and call Ford to see how to fix it. Has anyone with a new truck had this? Does anyone have any solutions? I got this truck from a reputable Dealer in Houston, Tx.
The following users liked this post:
fordmech604 (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I would talk to your salesman, if he can't get it fixed, call Ford, the number is in the owners manual.

Quick Reply: New 2015 F150 - Crooked Tailgate From Manufactuer