Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Neverending alignment issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Neverending alignment issue

I have a 2016 f150 3.5l

2.5" level kit and 33x12.50r18lt tires. For some reason no one can fix my alignment. I went to 3 different places. I had to buy two new tires because my pitted really bad and wasn't balanced properly. So last place I went to was a big outfit, and the guy said the caster or camber was maxed out, I mentioned the caster camber kit, he said that only makes the alignment easier to do but doesn't fix the problem. So how is this suppose to get fixed, I know I'm not the only one driving around in a f150 with a level kit and bigger tires. Would anyone happen to have a alignment report for the same vehicle and mods done? Any input would be great. Attached is my alignment report, the tech said he had to take from the passenger side to fix the driver side now the truck vibrates when on highway going over 100 and steering seems all over the place. Looking for any advice as this seems like it never ends and I have no trust in many mechanics as I either get ripped off or the run around.
Thanks

Last edited by Cndguy81; 05-19-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

That is what happens when you cheap out and use a level kit and more than 2". Get rid of that junk and put a true lift kit on if you want your suspension angles and ride quality back to normal. It's the only way.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
That is what happens when you cheap out and use a level kit and more than 2". Get rid of that junk and put a true lift kit on if you want your suspension angles and ride quality back to normal. It's the only way.
Didn't cheap out, Not interested in lift kits. Only got the level for the tires.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:48 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Cndguy81
Didn't cheap out, Not interested in lift kits. Only got the level for the tires.
That level you bought is what has the front suspension angles jacked. No way to properly align it. Buy the right part and problem solved. Suspension and alignment have been one of my specialties for over 35 years.

Quick Reply: Neverending alignment issue