Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Engine Light Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Light Indicator

The other day we had a big rain storm which caused a lot of flooding and water over the roadways. While driving to work I had my engine light come on and the truck started to sputter as if starving for gas of water got in the engine or something. Put the truck in the neutral and pressed on the gas pedal and it seemed to clear up, so I continued to work. 3 days later and it does the same thing, so I do the same thing and get the same reaction, truck clears up. Only no rain or water tonight, so not sure what is going on. Anybody have any similar experiences? Any ideas or suggestions? getting ready to take it in to have it checked out but thought I would call on fellow Ford brothers and sisters knowledge also. Thanks for reading.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:11 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

You didn't mention what vehicle you have. If it's a diesel, first thing I'd suspect is water in the fuel. Is it still under warranty?
No matter...
If your CEL lit up, how did you clear it?
I'm assuming you don't have any kind of code reader? That's okay. Go down to your local Autozone or whatever. They'll either let you borrow one, or come out to your truck and plug it in for you.
If your CEL came on, it threw a code(or several). First step is to read 'em to find out what happened/ is happening.
Even if it's still under warranty, knowing what part/system is the problem makes you better informed when you take it in. It'd also be nice to know whether or not it's a warranty-able repair.Water in the fuel/electrical system for example, usually isn't

Quick Reply: Engine Light Indicator