Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Loss of Electrical When Flooring it

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exclamation Loss of Electrical When Flooring it

So i've had a new issue start happening as of the last month. When i'm driving, i'm hearing this almost loose metal sound here and there coming from about the transmission area under the truck. I can hear it very well when next to a wall or cars to reflect the noise. It's not all the time, but i hear it every time i drive at some point. But i realized it was tied to something else on my recent road trip. While on the highway, when i would floor the truck and open it up, the electrical would shut off. The stereo goes off, the gauges all zero out, then come back and the stereo turns back on.

I don't have any engine studder or loss of control or power-steering or anything like that. It seems to be all cab/dash. But the weird thing is when that happens, i hear that noise very distinctly and it is loud and consistent for a few seconds, then gone after the power comes back. No idea what it could be.

Any direction where to start would help.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Look all over the truck for grounds and make sure none are loose/corroded. Start at the battery negative cable.
The following users liked this post:
SanDiegoSurfer (06-03-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 06:15 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Look all over the truck for grounds and make sure none are loose/corroded. Start at the battery negative cable.
X2

Quick Reply: Loss of Electrical When Flooring it