Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Knocking

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking

Hey guys I have a 2009 F1 50 with the two valve 4.6 V-8 just the other day I've all of a sudden gotten this really loud knocking ticking noise coming from my motor when it's running the noise follows the RPM range is quite dominantly loud my initial thought was that I had spun a bearing or bent pushrod or add piston slap or something I went and bought 2 quarts of Lucas oil stabilizer and some really thick 1540 diesel oil with thoughts that if I change my oil and put that in my motor if they're not quite it down I knew that I had to tear the motor apart and rebuild well with The oil change the sound has not changed its still was loud and prominent as ever I've crawled underneath the truck with it running and the noise now sounds more like it's coming from the bell housing area where the flywheel or flexplate would be I pulled the inspection cover off the flywheel housing check the tightness of the nuts that I could reach through the inspection cover all retype it all looks good now my question is if any of you had an issue with Flexplate cracking and making weird ticking noises?