Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Gauge cluster not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 01:01 AM
Ford all the way

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge cluster not working

HELP ME PLEASE, well the other day I put sum new amp research power steps on my 2012 ford f150, then today I hop in my truck and my gauge cluster dosent work at all, no lights, ford screen, no gauges no bells dingin, notta, my command start doesn't work either. So I scanned my truck with my code reader and I had 2 codes coming up , it also says I can't erase them , they are PO463 and PO234, I don't drive this truck alot , it's been parked , and I've never seen these codes b4, any ideas what I can do guys to get my cluster of gauges working

Last edited by Metalmulisha711; 04-30-2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:55 AM

Received 940 Likes on 743 Posts

The DTCs are not likely related to the IPC not working.

Check BCM fuse F11 as it powers the cluster. Also check BCM fuses F28 & F32. If you tapped into any of those circuits for the accessory installation, remove that connection and use another.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:14 PM
Ford all the way

Default Tried it all

Originally Posted by Metalmulisha711
HELP ME PLEASE, well the other day I put sum new amp research power steps on my 2012 ford f150, then today I hop in my truck and my gauge cluster dosent work at all, no lights, ford screen, no gauges no bells dingin, notta, my command start doesn't work either. So I scanned my truck with my code reader and I had 2 codes coming up , it also says I can't erase them , they are PO463 and PO234, I don't drive this truck alot , it's been parked , and I've never seen these codes b4, any ideas what I can do guys to get my cluster of gauges working
[QUOTE=ProjectSHO89;7197345]The DTCs are not likely related to the IPC not working.

Tried everything you said , still won't come on , totally black , no gauges work , put key in , no chimes nothing , truck starts and runs fine thou
Old 05-07-2022, 12:06 AM
Ford all the way

Default Help please, 2012 Ford F150 4x4 supercrew

I'm a newbie , I'm having a major issue, my IPC is totally black, all gauges are at zero , put keys in , nothing not even any chimes no lights nothing , same time as this my remote start dosent work, any thoughts from you ford GURU'S , IM VERY DESPERATE........

Last edited by Metalmulisha711; 05-07-2022 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Need more info
Old 05-07-2022, 06:44 AM

Did you follow my previous directions or not? If they are above your comfort level to perform and to accurately report results, your best bet is to take the truck to a shop that understands it and how to do proper diagnostics.

"Tried everything" is not a useful response.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:00 PM

Received 1,264 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Wasn't sure what fuse box would be the "BCM" box, so looked things up in the Owner Manual. Funny, but Fuse 11 in the Power Distribution Box is for "Power Running Board Motors". Fuse 11 in the cabin is for the instrument cluster. Maybe someone got their 11's mixed up.

Page 337 and on is informative.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/F.../12f12og3e.pdf
Old 05-07-2022, 07:40 PM

Wasn't sure what fuse box would be the "BCM" box
Then it's time to graduate from first level to the next level that uses the factory SERVICE documentation. Owner's manuals will only get you so far and that's not far enough...

Maybe someone got their 11's mixed up.
Nope, unless you did....

Old 05-07-2022, 09:09 PM

BCM seems to be the common acronym for Body Control Module. Therefore, it does not contain fuses itself.

The 2003 official Ford Workshop Manual contains zero references to BCM or "body control module". There does not appear to be such a thing.

You're showing the classic signs of a guy who has known a lot for a very long time. They start to believe that whatever appears in their thoughts is correct. Because they thought of it. Might be time for you to take a remedial course or two.

https://www.embitel.com/automotive-i...-in-automotive
Old 05-07-2022, 09:34 PM

BCM seems to be the common acronym for Body Control Module. Therefore, it does not contain any fuses itself.
Guess again... Ford did not use the term "Body Control Module" on older generations of the F150.
The 2003 official Ford Workshop Manual
Wrong manual, you're two generations behind. The OP has a 2012. You MUST use the manual that is applicable. Terminology changes and it's usually most productive to use Ford's specific terminology FOR THE SUBJECT UNDER discussion if you want to communicate effectively on a technical level.
You're showing the classic signs of a guy who has known a lot for a very long time. They start to believe that whatever appears in their thoughts is correct.
Maybe it's a sign of someone who looks at the CORRECT information for the subject at hand FIRST before commenting off the cuff... Think about it....
Might be time for you to take a remedial course or two.
Might be time for you to take an ADVANCED course or two.... These things are rolling computer systems and, if you don't keep up with the technology, you'll be stuck in the past.

Last edited by ProjectSHO89; 05-07-2022 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:58 PM

I did get my threads mixed up. I was posting on an 03 thread at the same time.

As for "commenting off the cuff", read your first suggestion. Is the OP going to know where "BCM fuse 11" is? Odds are he doesn't have the workshop manual and "BCM" or "body control module" are not in the 2012 Owner Manual. Most people would call it the cabin fuse box.

Finally, are the fuses in the cabin fuse box known as BCM fuses? Or is that just how you think of them?

You've been up on that horse for a long time man. Come down and take a walk around. Reset your bearings.

Quick Reply: Gauge cluster not working