Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

F150 4x4 front wheels won't turn right

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F150 4x4 front wheels won't turn right

I have a 2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost 4x4. Yesterday, I was in the woods and found myself needing to do more 4x4 than expected. The trails got a little harry and eventually got out. The truck is caked in mud and clay. I had no problem driving the 20 minutes back to the house. However, today I wanted to go to the store and clean off the truck. The truck sounds rough compared to normal and had issues moving when put into gear but eventually moving. My biggest trouble is the front tires in 2WD will rotate left with the steering wheel as expected. Unfortunately, the wheels will not turn to the right much past the straight position. The steering wheel doesn't go much right past the straight position. The outside temperature is below freezing. I didn't notice anything out of normal when looking at the engine block. At this point, I am not sure if something is blocking the wheels from turning, the steering is messed up, or something else. Please help...Soldier with little time available due to training tempo and need truck up and operational.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

I would say it's time to get the underside cleaned. Go to the coin op car wash and start cleaning the front suspension.
Sounds to me like it may be loaded up with frozen mud.

Quick Reply: F150 4x4 front wheels won't turn right