Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2014 FX4 Fell Off Jack

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 FX4 Fell Off Jack

Hello guys,
As bad as I hate to admit it my truck fell off the jack stand this afternoon. I was rotating the tires and had the back right tire jacked up and was letting it down on a jack stand slowly when the truck rolled back slightly. Long story short the right rear drum without a tire hit the ground. I can't tell there's any damage from the outside. But when I got it all back right again and cranked the truck it came up with a brake warning on the display with the ABS light on as well. It also said the Advancetrack needs servicing, and the downhill descent was malfunctioning as well. I'm going to take a look at it in the morning since it'll be Sunday and everything's closed but I thought I'd see if y'all had any ideas as to the problems to look for. I've also got a code reader but i assume the problem is on that side. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:57 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

Your right rear wheel speed sensor is probably broken.
The following users liked this post:
baker02 (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Perry. According to the code reader you're correct of course. It makes sense now that I think about it. I can't tell there's actually anything wrong with the sensor or wire but that's a simple fix regardless. In the future i'll have the brake set and the wheels i'm not working on chocked. Hopefully that all the damage it did. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry for your misfortune, but it sounds like you will get off realatively cheap. I want to point out that your First Post as a member is a relief not being the standard "how big of a tire can I fit" post.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:05 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

I very nearly dropped a Toyota Land Cruiser on myself about 25 years ago because I didn't have it properly chocked and blocked. It was a real eye opener.

Quick Reply: 2014 FX4 Fell Off Jack