Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Blower Speed control module melted harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blower Speed control module melted harness

I have a 2011 Ford FX4 150. My fan stopped working so I thought the problem was the Blower Speed Motor Control Module. This morning I pulled my Blower Speed Motor Control module out of my truck and I found that it melted the wire harness.

My next question is, what should I do? I’m pretty concerned that it melted the harness I was hoping I could just replace the control module, but it looks like a much bigger job.
Attached Thumbnails Blower Speed control module melted harness-photo-1.jpg   Blower Speed control module melted harness-photo-2.jpg   Blower Speed control module melted harness-photo-3.jpg  
Old 08-01-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You can buy a replacement pigtail and splice it in your harness. The Motorcraft number is WPT-688. It's a plug with usually around 6-8 inches of wire, crimps, and heat shrinks.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're going to need to replace both sides but before you do - pull your steering column apart and check your ignition switch to make sure it isn't burned up. Most of the blower motor problems I see are caused by bad ignition switches.
Check the ground on your battery to make sure it's good.
I'f you've had any aftermarket stereo, remote start, alarm, etc. work done - check the connections for shorts or exposed wires.

Quick Reply: Blower Speed control module melted harness