Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2022 F150 a key Not detected

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation 2022 F150 a key Not detected

2022 F150 Tremor, 3622 miles. Purchased October 2022.

Leaving work truck would unlock and lock with remote. Went to start “Key Not Detected” message came on. I could use Ford App to remote start as well as key fob.
Issue comes when i go to hit start to drive shows key not detected even with remote start and running.

Tried the cup holder slot and same thing. Could not get vehicle out of remote start mode. With truck not running go to start shows same message pops up.

Truck was towed to dealer, dealer asked to have both keys to reprogram, still having same issue, Dealer has had vehicle for two weeks and still can not diagnose the issue.
Supposedly they are contacting ford to remedy. That contact to ford was sent a week ago.

Does anyone have any idea what caused this

PLEASE HELP
Old 05-24-2023, 05:41 PM

What did they come up with as the cause to this? My 22 Platinum has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks with the same issue. They are working with Ford also.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:00 PM

@Grthomasjr or @Pbilt024 did either of you get your issue resolved by Ford? I am having the same issue and my truck is in the shop currently and has been for 2 weeks. Ford Engineering has not been any help to my dealer.

My list of issues is;
  1. Truck would not start, "No Key Detected"
  2. Change to second remote with same result.
  3. Started with Ford Pass app but would not let me put truck in gear.
  4. Tried manual override in cup holder with batteries out of remote, no luck
  5. E-Brake came on and would not go off.
  6. Remote would Lock/Unlock Doors, release Tailgate and turn Alarm On and Off.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:04 PM

Default Fixed

After two weeks at the ford dealer, they found a loose pin in a plug under the center console. They determined it was causing an electrical interference with the antenna for the remote start.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:23 PM

Default “Key not detected”

I’m experiencing a similar issue with no key detected and the intelligent access no longer working. I can use all function on my fobs. I’ve reprogrammed them and even got a new fob programmed and still have the same issue but once I put my fob is the cup holder slot I can start the truck luckily. Dealing with no IA and having to put my fob is the cup holder slot is extremely annoying though.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Quick Reply: 2022 F150 a key Not detected