Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2011 King Ranch 5.0 wrench light

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 King Ranch 5.0 wrench light

Hey guys! First post here. So I bought a used 2011 KR a couple weeks ago and up until yesterday it was all good. Was driving about 40mph when I lost all power that at first felt like a really hard downshift. Pulled over and noticed the wrench light on the dash, figured it was just a glitch in the system so shut truck off and started right up and drove home with no problems, was leaving for work and now it wants to go directly to 5th gear, even when I cancel it out it forces 5th back on and goes right into it once I start driving. But it's not throwing the wrench fault up there anymore. Done some searching and found these forums, hopefully get it in to the local Ford dealer here tommorow but any advice/anyone that has had this same problem? Thanks Alot!.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:51 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

have you gotten any codes?
Old 12-19-2018, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarrinT04
have you gotten any codes?
Haven't had the time to take it tin to autozone, have a 30 day warranty from the dealer so I was just gunna get it in to the mechanic as soon as possible. Reading some other stuff on here makes me think it's going to be throttle body, but the goin into 5th gear is kind of scaring me.

Quick Reply: 2011 King Ranch 5.0 wrench light