Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2010 F150 Screw stalling in car wash

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2010 F150 Screw stalling in car wash

Hey guys, I have a 2010 F150 SCREW 4X4 with a 4.6 3V. Two weeks ago I took it through the auto car wash with undercarriage spray and before it was even in all the way it stalled. It started right back up without hesitation and ran fine so I never thought anymore about it until yesterday when the same thing happened at the car wash again. Luckily it fired right back up and is running fine. It only stalls as the front half, say to the back of the front doors, is going into and over the undercarriage wash. The truck re starts and idles fine once in all the way through the entire wash cycle. No warning lights or check engine, nothing lit up. Looking for any input or ideas of what the issue might be. It goes in for regular service and oil change next week so it will be brought to their attention.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

That would be a tough find unless something obvious is noticed. I'm thinking a control circuit connector in one of the engine's electrical systems is getting grounded from the water contact possibly dropping out a relay? Where that water spray is going and what's getting wet, who knows. They may need a rain coat and garden hose to try and reproduce the cause. Does it stall as if you turned it off?
Old 03-13-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I believe it just shuts down as it would if you turned the ignition off, no noticeable stutter or vibration that I recall.