Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

2008 Ford F150 5.4L Shuddering when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Ford F150 5.4L Shuddering when accelerating

So I read a ton of different posts about people having problems with their trucks shaking when accelerating down the highway. My would run fine, then I'd let off the gas a bit, start to speed up again and it would shake like I my transmission was about to fall out until I accelerated out of it. It definitely is spark/coil issue. I bought all new plugs, had no problems taking out the old ones(same factory plugs with 140K miles). I didn't use any seafoam, just warmed the engine, and slowly put pressure on each until they started to turn. Maybe I just got lucky. I checked each removed coil with a meter, each read between .5-.6. Threw the new plugs in, same old coils on and it runs like a champ. Sent the new coils that I bought back and got the job done for $80. Truck runs like a champ and I'm a happy camper.

I might add, I didn't use a 9/16 spark plug socket, just a deep 9/16 socket to remove the plugs. I also didn't have a magnet to remove the plugs. I found some video online where you stick a piece of paper in your spark plug socket and turn it counter clockwise.....plugs come right out.

Last edited by tonebowski; 06-18-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ford F150 5.4L Shuddering when accelerating