Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

12V Missing PW switch- Stumped

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12V Missing PW switch- Stumped

My 2007 F150 is playing stump the chump (and winning). In detail: Passenger power window will not go up. Motor checks good in both directions. Used a verified good switch, switch not the problem. Wires are not broken in the boot - checked continuity past the boot to the switch. When I checked the voltage on the other 2 single switches (both rear windows), the white wire with a yellow stripe has 12 volts present when the ignition is on. The broken window in question does not have the 12 volts present. This is the issue, but where do I look to find where it is either open or shorted to ground? Any help is appreciated.

This wire should have 12 volts present when ignition is on (White with Yellow stripe).
Old 06-12-2017, 06:06 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Check the master panel for proper voltage.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:00 AM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

IDK if the wiring is identical or not, but here is a 'window' wiring diagram for a 2005 that might help.

https://www.f150forum.com/attachment...dow-wiring.pdf

I do note in the diagram that the 'hot' wire to Passenger window shows to be Wht/Yel like yours, so perhaps there isn't too much difference. I would check that wire on Drivers door panel - if hot, seems like you've got a break in it between Dr / Ps doors.