Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

04 SCAB Front shocks replaced now intermittant pulsing vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 04 SCAB Front shocks replaced now intermittant pulsing vibration

Hey everyone. I did my 60k mi service a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the lowest coils on both front shocks were broken. So I ordered up a pair of new Gabriel bolt in replacement shocks from autozone, goo.gl/1tRMS , and installed them yesterday.

Truck drives 100% fine at sub 40mph speeds, but I noticed at 55-60mph my windshield wiper "bouncing" from a pulsing sort of vibration , shudder which I can feel through out the truck.

What is weird, is that this vibration... seems to go away after driving the truck for about 10 minutes at speed. I have noticed it on two separate occasions.

I am a little stumped at what could be causing this new vibration.

I have not gotten an alignment since replacing the shocks, do I need to do that ( i think i do, but i wasnt 100% sure)? Also is there anything else any one can think of that would cause this all of a sudden?

Sorry if I have not given enough info - I am not sure what else to tell. The service was uneventful, and I was under the impression you can only bolt the shocks in one way, which kind of eliminates chances for error.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI. I went out and double checked that all my front wheel lugs were nice and tight, and that all the bolts/nuts on the suspension were tight.

Everything is snug.

Quick Reply: 04 SCAB Front shocks replaced now intermittant pulsing vibration