Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, new member with a stupid question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, new member with a stupid question.

Hello I'm zach. I have a 2007 f150 with a 4.6l triton 2wd. All stock but beyond repair. It's running but almost nothing works anymore on it. It's been in 4 accidents and ran over (yes over) 4 deer, last year I had an accident where I was pulled off the road at 40mph by the backdraft of an 18 wheeler passing me at 60 and it shredded the exhaust. Now I don't even have heat because the exhaust fumes come in through the air ducts when on. I have a guy who has an exhaust system from a 2002 (same wheelbase) f150 with a 5.0. What I want to do is put the cats and y pipe on my truck reusing the manifolds and then running new pipe my self to make a side exit system without a muffler. My question obviously is will it bolt up? I know a 5.4 exhaust will bolt up with some difficulty. I don't mind if I have to bend or cut and clamp but welding isn't much of an option for me. This truck isn't worth putting money into. I just take it to the dump and to job sites to load with trash. This truck is surprisingly tough so I don't want to just junk it but I can't drive it as it is. Uncatted exhaust is deadly. Thank you for your time.

Quick Reply: Hello, new member with a stupid question.