Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

‘06 f150 converting over to 5x5.5(running 33x14.5x15)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ‘06 f150 converting over to 5x5.5(running 33x14.5x15)

NEW MEMBER here and tbh been on this form reading nonstop for 2 days now trying to find some things out... by other threads on here along with other sites, and slowly just gotta piece things together. Anyways cut to the reason I’m looking for help. Again I’m looking for HELP! I don’t wanna hear your rude ***, negative comment, and I sure the hell don’t wanna hear it can’t be done.. ANYTHING can be done with a mindset, goals, and obviously with building you need machine shops. All them ppl are covered. Now I need some ideas and help on a few different things I came across. I have a 2006 f150 xl 2wd. Anyways im running 33x14.5x15’s off of a Dodge Ram. No lift or level kit, but yes we had to trim....**** who am I joking we cut and was removing what was needed on the front fenders and front bumper. That’s it. I picked the truck up dirt cheap(runs amazing and NYS inspected with no check engine light on, if anyone knows what it’s like up here in NY for **** to pass in this state😑🔪&#128580 for not even having 163k miles on this truck with hardly no rust whatsoever(also big deal to NYS residents) well then I seen potential in building a nice like summer truck to go, to and from work with. Its currently my daily(week days stock tires go back on till I get my issue figured out) so I obviously have the 2” wheel spacer/conversion from our 6x5.5 to the 5x5.5 and I still had to grind down on my calipers(yes to you “know-it’all-Tommy” ik you don’t approve and how dangerous it is...or how if it was supposed to fit it woulda been made for it kinda bs) but I’m still touching the caliper to much. So added another spacer piece(from another set I had laying around the shop, and before your panties get to far up your a** it’s all for mock up rn but yes I drove it around where I live and then I’ll have things custom ordered if need be and I go this route.) but anyways....Been doing a lot of research, I can go many different other ways too.. I believe.. I seen ppl saying I can get basically a blank rotor and drill out the 5x5.5 bolt pattern and then just buy my studs(and no, the machine work is no issue, we got access/connections to have what needs to be done... (If this route is decided.) Now the con to this idea is then the braking system is still to big for the 15” wheels. (Which I have them on now but I wanna eliminate wheel spacers all together if I can bc of the wobble *later discussed*) But bc of a thread I read on here, Ik the 96-2000(?) f150 4x4 can be interchange/replaced with hubs that are for a 2000-03 dodge 1500.. and if I go this can I run a spindle off of the said years f150? Cuz obviously I see the difference between the years but they were held in with the 3 bolt flange. Mine would be a 4 bolt flange... and because the 05-06 4x4 is the 4 bolt flange and if I can’t use a spindle off the 97 but wanted to go this route ik the old mans 2012 ram 1500 4x4 hub is the 4 bolt flange which sparked an idea...I still would have to measure it in the first place to see if the holes line up. I also been looking into some more(never enough research when building, Right?) so come to find out the 2006 e150 has the 5x5.5 bolt pattern but the hub/center bore is like 86.7(?) but ik the 2006 f150 hub bore is 87 flat which is what the 07+ e150 have but then they went to 8 lug lmao!!! But I did go out to the local junkyard and got the whole spindle and 4x4 hubs off a 2005 f150 is see if they will interchange with a 2012 ram hub cuz if it is then there is the 5x5.5 pattern I need if I can get that lucky. Just gotta measure them out tomorrow when I have the new ford 4x4 hubs here. I also stopped at a parts store on the way home and ordered in the 2006 e150 rotor assembly to see if maybe I can take mine off, put the e150 on and have the 5x5.5 bolt pattern that way. And before you go and be a critic, just remember it’s my build and any negative/rude comments will simply be ignored/reported. Ik what I have pictured in my head of the finished product, so no need for the hardasses to be the typical hatin haters and instead of scrolling stopping to just bash it all down. Maybe in the future and everything is all finished with this part of the project, the old man and I were discussing a motor swap. I’m personally a big Ford fan and EVEN BIGGER fan of the 1990(just the year of one favorite we owned) 5.0 foxbody. And then you have my father mentioning a LS swap or a Coyote swap. Me being the Ford guy I am, I’m not really even into the whole LS swap....but If we put alL beef aside for a min, Ik that the LS can build some big power. But if I spend big money like that it’s gonna be on the crate Coyote motor. She could make an amazing lil summer truck, that’s far from what anyone else has but that’s if I even keep it long enough to finish to the motor swap lol But motor and performance work will all be down the road and it will just be another discussion time for another thread. Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/THOUGHTS will be taken into consideration.

Last edited by Buddy_Young4x; 12-24-2018 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:40 PM

Default Bump!

Originally Posted by Buddy_Young4x

NEW MEMBER here and tbh been on this form reading nonstop for 2 days now trying to find some things out... by other threads on here along with other sites, and slowly just gotta piece things together. Anyways cut to the reason I’m looking for help. Again I’m looking for HELP! I don’t wanna hear your rude ***, negative comment, and I sure the hell don’t wanna hear it can’t be done.. ANYTHING can be done with a mindset, goals, and obviously with building you need machine shops. All them ppl are covered. Now I need some ideas and help on a few different things I came across. I have a 2006 f150 xl 2wd. Anyways im running 33x14.5x15’s off of a Dodge Ram. No lift or level kit, but yes we had to trim....**** who am I joking we cut and was removing what was needed on the front fenders and front bumper. That’s it. I picked the truck up dirt cheap(runs amazing and NYS inspected with no check engine light on, if anyone knows what it’s like up here in NY for **** to pass in this state😑🔪&#128580 for not even having 163k miles on this truck with hardly no rust whatsoever(also big deal to NYS residents) well then I seen potential in building a nice like summer truck to go, to and from work with. Its currently my daily(week days stock tires go back on till I get my issue figured out) so I obviously have the 2” wheel spacer/conversion from our 6x5.5 to the 5x5.5 and I still had to grind down on my calipers(yes to you “know-it’all-Tommy” ik you don’t approve and how dangerous it is...or how if it was supposed to fit it woulda been made for it kinda bs) but I’m still touching the caliper to much. So added another spacer piece(from another set I had laying around the shop, and before your panties get to far up your a** it’s all for mock up rn but yes I drove it around where I live and then I’ll have things custom ordered if need be and I go this route.) but anyways....Been doing a lot of research, I can go many different other ways too.. I believe.. I seen ppl saying I can get basically a blank rotor and drill out the 5x5.5 bolt pattern and then just buy my studs(and no, the machine work is no issue, we got access/connections to have what needs to be done... (If this route is decided.) Now the con to this idea is then the braking system is still to big for the 15” wheels. (Which I have them on now but I wanna eliminate wheel spacers all together if I can bc of the wobble *later discussed*) But bc of a thread I read on here, Ik the 96-2000(?) f150 4x4 can be interchange/replaced with hubs that are for a 2000-03 dodge 1500.. and if I go this can I run a spindle off of the said years f150? Cuz obviously I see the difference between the years but they were held in with the 3 bolt flange. Mine would be a 4 bolt flange... and because the 05-06 4x4 is the 4 bolt flange and if I can’t use a spindle off the 97 but wanted to go this route ik the old mans 2012 ram 1500 4x4 hub is the 4 bolt flange which sparked an idea...I still would have to measure it in the first place to see if the holes line up. I also been looking into some more(never enough research when building, Right?) so come to find out the 2006 e150 has the 5x5.5 bolt pattern but the hub/center bore is like 86.7(?) but ik the 2006 f150 hub bore is 87 flat which is what the 07+ e150 have but then they went to 8 lug lmao!!! But I did go out to the local junkyard and got the whole spindle and 4x4 hubs off a 2005 f150 is see if they will interchange with a 2012 ram hub cuz if it is then there is the 5x5.5 pattern I need if I can get that lucky. Just gotta measure them out tomorrow when I have the new ford 4x4 hubs here. I also stopped at a parts store on the way home and ordered in the 2006 e150 rotor assembly to see if maybe I can take mine off, put the e150 on and have the 5x5.5 bolt pattern that way. And before you go and be a critic, just remember it’s my build and any negative/rude comments will simply be ignored/reported. Ik what I have pictured in my head of the finished product, so no need for the hardasses to be the typical hatin haters and instead of scrolling stopping to just bash it all down. Maybe in the future and everything is all finished with this part of the project, the old man and I were discussing a motor swap. I’m personally a big Ford fan and EVEN BIGGER fan of the 1990(just the year of one favorite we owned) 5.0 foxbody. And then you have my father mentioning a LS swap or a Coyote swap. Me being the Ford guy I am, I’m not really even into the whole LS swap....but If we put alL beef aside for a min, Ik that the LS can build some big power. But if I spend big money like that it’s gonna be on the crate Coyote motor. She could make an amazing lil summer truck, that’s far from what anyone else has but that’s if I even keep it long enough to finish to the motor swap lol But motor and performance work will all be down the road and it will just be another discussion time for another thread. Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/THOUGHTS will be taken into consideration.
Bump? Anyone with info? Or knowledge? Ik I can’t find nothing on the forums about this
Old 12-24-2018, 07:20 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

You already seem to know it all, why are you asking us for help? You're trying to create a mechanical nightmare and want positive feedback..... Don't hold your breath.
With all that offset and one less stud, how long do you think it's going to be before it throws a wheel??

Last edited by PerryB; 12-24-2018 at 07:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Scott91370 (12-24-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 02:40 AM

Default ok boss🤙🏽

Originally Posted by PerryB
You already seem to know it all, why are you asking us for help? You're trying to create a mechanical nightmare and want positive feedback..... Don't hold your breath.
With all that offset and one less stud, how long do you think it's going to be before it throws a wheel??
Know it all?... hmm news to me🤔 I don’t remeber ever stating that I knew it all? But just leaves me to wonder, that clearly thats what you wanna assume. For two... I’m pretty sure if you actually READ the ****in thread you’ll see that there are SEVERAL DIFFERENT options that I can do. Maybe instead of living a scared sheltered life, learn to be different and push things to new levels! “Ohhh but Buddy, that’s unsafe....” “oh that’s just asking for failure/trouble.” Well guess what. With or without you...or anyone on this ****in forum I’ll be sure to post up the pics when it’s done. And real fast before I end this, 1 less stud?... says who?... cuz I’m pretty sure if I swap out hubs for dodge hubs, then I’ll be eliminating spacer all together. For two... I wouldn’t be down a stud cuz dodge came with the 5x5.5. Take your basic, regular, everyday simple minded ******* ways else where. Did I specifically ask for your opinion or force you to even take the time to read the thread?... Cuz im pretty sure the title says it all..... so why you even click on it? I’m pretty sure I got this far without anyone’s help other than research I have done. But normally if the thread title don’t pertain information or interest to me, I don’t go commenting on it being a ****in douchebag. I’m also ALMOST positive that there are pix before all the writing so if you were too slow to pick up on the title....you would then see it’s such a “idiotic” build you coulda turned around then. But nope here we are. You wanted to go outta your way and just couldn’t wait to get **** stirred up...well, you got it!! now I’ll just be an *******, arrogant, what you typical toolbags would say I’m “butthurt” or pissed... nah actually not at all cuz once again not like I needed yours or anyone else help so far...Hope you have a great Christmas😂😂😏
Old 12-25-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

Well you see, 6 on 5.5 is a 6 hole wheel with a 5.5" bolt circle diameter. Five on 5.5 is a 5 hole wheel with a 5.5" bolt circle. If my math is correct, the difference is one less stud. Apparently you don't understand the terminology you're using. I hope your rambling diatribes are as much fun to write as they are to read.
And by the way, the truck isn't 6 x 5.5". It's 6 x 135mm.

Last edited by PerryB; 12-25-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you need to check yourself Buddy lol. Your entire incoherent, giant run-on, nauseating first post was littered with nothing but pot shots, swearing, and wise *** comments to a forum which you are new to. Less than 24hours later you're back hounding for a response when anyone who attempted to try and read and comprehend your post is probably still having a brain aneurysm, and then you verbally attack the first person to even bother to reply to your ridiculous idea?

My advice to you in order of priority would be:
1) Check yourself and your attitude. No one owes you anything...especially after the way you have presented yourself in your first 3 posts ever on this forum.
2) Learn how to compose a sentence and paragraph so people are actually likely to read everything you type. Make your points clear and cut out all the other crap.
3) Sell those wheels and buy some made to fit your truck. Most vehicles today aren't able to fit wheels under 17 or 16" in diameter because of brake rotor diameter and caliper placement. People aren't going to have some great idea or advice on how to make what you're trying to do work because no one would do it. They would purchase the correct size wheels and tires for their vehicle, period.
4) If you're still dead set on making things work and you can find yourself a hub you can swap over with the correct bolt pattern why not look into turning down the diameter of a rotor and make a custom caliper bracket so it can all be tucked inside the small wheels?

Stuff like this always makes me shake my head. You have all the desire, willingness, ingenuity, and money to try and make a bad idea work, but none of that desire, willingness, or money to just sell the wheels and tires and buy ones that would fit your vehicle without all the workarounds and you'll fight anyone to the death that disagrees with your plan. lol

Good luck Buddy
The following 2 users liked this post by Matt'sdrag95:
doctorschlachter (01-02-2019), Tony Raine (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Only a fool would give advice or help in creating what you have there. The best advice to anyone would be to wash your hands of any involvement, and run away.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:44 AM
ZSK

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Can you snap some pictures of the front setup just without the wheels and tires mounted? I'm trying to picture how far you had to clearance the calipers to fit the wheels and if the wheel lip actually sits outside the brake rotor.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Bronco II Nut

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

unfortunately, your idiocy will probably get someone else killed. that is a deathtrap. the strain on the balljoints and wheel bearings must be insane. as an upstate new yorker living in the south, this kind of crap just makes yankees look bad. i am forwarding your plate # and these pics to some friends i have at the NYDOT. i am not sure how that pos passed inspection, but it wont pass again.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:21 PM

Why not just take a donor vehicle that can support the rims you want and the bolt pattern (old dodge or chevy evidently) and swap everything front end (steering box suspension ball joints control arms sway bars hubs ect.) then replace back axle and put custom universal joint and driveshaft made to order for the rear? Seems easier and safer than trying to mess with Ford hubs that most likely will never become backwards compatible with another make of vehicle? Mounting brackets are easy to make with a good welder. Hell... with a donor you wouldn't even need the brackets made. Cut and weld. Perhaps move some stuff, but still easier. Not that I would agree with your plan but to each their own.

Quick Reply: ‘06 f150 converting over to 5x5.5(running 33x14.5x15)