Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front seat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Front seat replacement

Have any 08 with 176k miles and had the famous drivers seat wear on the side. Mine is just a base model seat so not as comfortable. Just coming from an 15 Mustang with premium pkg I'm slightly spoiled with those seats. Question is, had anyone replaced their front seats and if so to what. Contemplated snagging a used set of Mustang seats and fabbing some brackets for them.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that would work. Just make sure the brackets are strong enough incase you get into a accident.

HDHP
Old 04-01-2021, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are your seat belts built into your seats?
Old 10-27-2022, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2021 Limited and the seats came installed crooked and were probably the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had. I have had 4 F150's over the past 6 years as well as a couple Raptors. My belief is the seats would be fine on the 21 and up if they were not crammed up against the center console. I am 6'1" 240lbs. The seats feel like you left leg(thigh) is falling off the side. You have to brace your knee against the door panel. I did however buy a 22 Raptor with the recaro seats. Those seats are perfect. The width works. I am not sure if on the platinum and limited seats have enough support on the outside bolsters. Very disappointed, as I wanted to get a powerboost platinum but I just can't do the seats.
Old 10-29-2022, 11:14 AM

Received 752 Likes on 619 Posts

I have an 05 XLT & I am not thrilled with the seats in the truck. The drivers seat was worn out which I removed replaced the foam & the seat cover but I feel I still sit to low. I ended up putting a cushion on the seat bottom so I sit a little higher up, & I find on turns like coming off the highway I have to lean against the door panel, or on top of the console because it feels like they do not have much side support.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:23 PM
Troublemaker

Received 112 Likes on 94 Posts

I changed my bench seat to a 40/60 on my 98 xl...same year range though as the donor seats came from a 97...while that might not help you, what might help is the fact that if you want to convert to other seats in the same body style, the factory bolt holes are in place with rubber plugs...only thing is that they aren't tapped for the seat mount bolts, so you'll need a tap and die set to make use of them. And, of course carefully cut your floor covering to access them.

Also, you should pay attention to the seat belt mounting on both old and new seats...I got confused at first and tried to put the old seat belts with the new seats and they didn't work right.

Quick Reply: Front seat replacement