Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wooo hoooo!!!! Picked her up yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wooo hoooo!!!! Picked her up yesterday

All went well and here is my new F150. (Let me say I am super picky when it comes to my vehicles in all aspects.) It. Is. Awesome. Had a long drive from the dealership and in first 100 miles I can say without a doubt this is quietest truck I have ever had, better than '14 Ram Limited. I got on it a few times and it is super fast, kills the Ram Hemi. The ride is great not as cushy as Ram (had air suspension) but I did not expect it to be. Still rides better than previous 2 Toyotas and 2 Chevys. It handles more sporty/quicker than Ram and that suits my driving style. F150 is more "fun" to drive. Tech on this truck is beyond awesome. MyFord Touch has some quirks but is way better than LR4 I have been driving for last 14 months and it isn't in the stone age when compared to UConnect. Made a list of items based on what I read here to check before leaving the dealer and the only thing I could see was a little alignment issue on hood and Passenger doors aren't absolutely perfect. My take on this is it is a Ford Truck, it is not a Lexus sedan. Lexus made commercials bragging about how they measure/align/whatever all body panels. Ford makes commercials about making tough trucks that will do what a truck should. So if a body panel is a bit off and no one but me will notice I am good.

Lariat 3.5 EB, FX4, 502A, Tech Pkg, spray in bedliner, all weather mats, no sunroof
Old 09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Mark

Received 2,422 Likes on 2,121 Posts

Sweet ride... congrats
Old 09-02-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice... Get a Hellwig sway bar on the rear as a priority and it will improve it further
Old 09-02-2015, 11:06 AM

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Very nice! Congrats on the new ride.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Wooo hoooo!!!! Picked her up yesterday

That is the identical twin of my truck. We both have excellent taste. I've got 5,000 miles on mine and not a single complaint. I'm trying to decide on a tonneau cover. I've narrowed it down to either the BAK Revolver X2 or the Undercover Flex. I love the Ecoboost, although it's definitely more boost than eco.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really nice!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Daddy_DC
That is the identical twin of my truck. We both have excellent taste. I've got 5,000 miles on mine and not a single complaint. I'm trying to decide on a tonneau cover. I've narrowed it down to either the BAK Revolver X2 or the Undercover Flex. I love the Ecoboost, although it's definitely more boost than eco.
Thanks!!!! Tuxedo Black is the best black I have ever seen. I am agonizing over tonneau covers right now. X2 will be here tomorrow but I may send it back. Just not sure the $825 is worth it for me. My primary need for cover is just to keep things dry when me and my buddies go hunting and have all our gear in the bed. The truck would not be left unattended hardly ever with out stuff in it. Maybe if we stop and at a store or for a bite on the way to the woods. Looking at Extang Trifecta for $400. Trifecta is easy and fast to completely remove and it doesn't leave any rails, etc. behind.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Congrats

Congratulations! You have great taste.

Last edited by ConnectEgr; 09-03-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

Congrats, very nice looking truck. I have over 19,500kms on mine now with no problems at all. Enjoy your ride!
Old 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by ALScott
Thanks!!!! Tuxedo Black is the best black I have ever seen. I am agonizing over tonneau covers right now. X2 will be here tomorrow but I may send it back. Just not sure the $825 is worth it for me. My primary need for cover is just to keep things dry when me and my buddies go hunting and have all our gear in the bed. The truck would not be left unattended hardly ever with out stuff in it. Maybe if we stop and at a store or for a bite on the way to the woods. Looking at Extang Trifecta for $400. Trifecta is easy and fast to completely remove and it doesn't leave any rails, etc. behind.
black looks so good, remove those Fx4 sticker and it'll look better

I imagine return shipping is going to be pretty high, the boxes (2) they come in are HUGE, the bigger box is prob 7ft long and 2'x2', smaller like 7x1x1

Quick Reply: Wooo hoooo!!!! Picked her up yesterday