Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I need a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I need a tune?

Hey guys, I know eventually Ill get a tune, but as of this weekend, Ill have on a 2018 XLT SCREW, AFE CAI, hot and cold CAC pipes, mid pipe, and down pipe. My thought is with the downpipe is when Id probably have to do a tune but was told I don't, I just wont have the full benefit of the dp along with everything else which I understand. I can hold up on the dp if it would be the single item forcing me to get a tune right away.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

AFe told me their catless downpipe would not cause me to get a check engine light and that a tune was not needed. It did in fact throw an efficiency code (didn't drive any different though) so I dealt with the CEL for a while, you could hide it with a picture or something I guess if the light bothers you. Just did a 5star tune but haven't really had any miles on it yet. The turbo whistle sound soo good with down pipes. It was one of my favorite mods.

So I guess to answer your question, you don't NEED to do a tune right away, but you'll be glad when you do.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:16 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

You will probably need a tune. If nothing else, the parts are going to make much more power with a tune.

Quick Reply: Will I need a tune?