Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration through gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
Default Vibration through gas pedal

So ive searched this 2015 sub forum about this issue but haven't seen any hits so I'll bring this up...

2015 3.5 Ecoboost, lariat Screw, FX4, 3.55 locking rear end.

I have a vibration that is felt through the gas pedal at random RPMs but most noticeably around 2,000. I feel it intermittently with light to moderate acceleration. It feels like the light grinding noise you hear in AWD mode. So I decided to run the 4WD auto mode and the noise was very prominent, much more than I feel it should be but this is my first Ford so I'm not sure.

I've read on other sub forums that some people with 2014s experienced a similar issue and there was a TSB issued for the transfer case motor on various platforms including the F150. I've also seen people that have had hubs replaced early on which I suppose could cause the grinding feel too.

Does anyone have this issue on their 2015?

Thanks,

Eric
Old 04-21-2015, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same thing. I can't figure it out, but i am not going to be able to deal with it for years and years to come. Noticed it on my first drive home.

It is almost like a grounded vibration but i don't hear anything that you describe. I feel the vibration there isn't anything consistent. Even does it on perfectly smooth roads.

I signed up on this form just to respond to this as it is going to drive me crazy and i only have about 1400 miles on mine.

15' screw 3.5eco FX4 Platinum

I am open to any suggestions where to start
Old 04-21-2015, 11:24 PM

I should've been more clear, I don't hear much but I can feel it for sure right through the gas pedal. I don't feel anything through the steering. It won't replicate itself at a consistent RPM but it's always present and super annoying. It literally feels like that vibration you get from running in 4WD. Running it in AWD is way worse. I noticed it at about 3,000 miles. I really feel it around 70mph.
The following users liked this post:
KLS (05-02-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 03:01 AM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

I've noticed a similar effect. I feel vibrations in the gas pedal at highway speeds. It isn't bad enough to bother me, however it might if it got worse.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:56 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

I wonder if the i take design on the 15 is different that the other models.

I had the same issue when I installed a Airaid Jr kit in my truck. The Airaid Jr kit replaces the tube, keeps the stock airbox and replaces the filter. With the Airaid filter it would vibrate the gas pedal. Removed the Airaid filter and went back to stock and it went away! I still have the Airaid tube though.

Wayne
Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 AM

it is def some type of vibration related issue. I really noticed it the other day going down the interstate and there was a Harley in front of me and I could feel the bikes exhaust thru the pedal. Like how it is mounted to the firewall allows for the vibration to travel to the pedal.
It is annoying on longer trips.

If I could just get that fixed I would be 100% with the truck. That is the only thing I can even complain about.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

How about putting the truck into tow or sport mode. Wondering if that will have any effect.

Trending Topics

Old 04-22-2015, 10:29 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

Warranty: 3 Year / 36,000 Miles - Bumper / Bumper
The following users liked this post:
jimmerfx4 (05-10-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by blockparty
I have the same thing. I can't figure it out, but i am not going to be able to deal with it for years and years to come. Noticed it on my first drive home.

It is almost like a grounded vibration but i don't hear anything that you describe. I feel the vibration there isn't anything consistent. Even does it on perfectly smooth roads.

I signed up on this form just to respond to this as it is going to drive me crazy and i only have about 1400 miles on mine.

15' screw 3.5eco FX4 Platinum

I am open to any suggestions where to start
Yes, sounds similar to my truck as well; 2015, 5.0, 3.55, SCREW. It's more pronounced when I'm in 4A. The sound/grind doesn't happen on every drive but when it does it lasts for about a second or two before it dissipates. Seems to happen before it shifts into another gear.

I live about 5 hours from any dealer and when I do bring it in for my 3000 checkup my luck is it wont happen for them.

Please reply back on this thread if you find out the cause/solution.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 PM

Yep my dealer is 2.5 hours away. I don't want to bother a local dealer if I don't have to. I was more curious to see if this issue was in my head but apparently it's not. 4WD auto feels quite buzzy and grindy. In 2wd it's present as well but not as bad. A dealer should have no problem noticing it as it happens every time I drive it. Other than this the truck is great.

Quick Reply: Vibration through gas pedal