Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unimportant question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Unimportant question

First, thanks for all the info from everyone on this site - helped me emensly when buying.

In an attempt to kill chrome I went full d bag with this aftermarket grille. But now I sorta like the way it looks... Should black out bumpers? Leave it? Opinions wanted.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:27 PM

Old 03-03-2018, 08:38 PM

Received 169 Likes on 126 Posts

PTM would look better. Then you'd be full Panda look (which done right is a nice look for white trucks, I think).

That grill though....I wouldn't normally say anything, it's your truck, but you did bring it up and well, subtle it isn't.

PTM bumper + mirror caps, maybe door handles too, with a black grill (maybe not that black grill) would look pretty nice I think, and the truck would definitely stand out. Especially combined with those wheels/lift.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:54 PM

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Probably add some black fender flares now to protect your paint. As far as the grille, I think a black Lariat Sport grille would look much better and less gaudy.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by planetix
PTM would look better. Then you'd be full Panda look (which done right is a nice look for white trucks, I think).

That grill though....I wouldn't normally say anything, it's your truck, but you did bring it up and well, subtle it isn't.

PTM bumper + mirror caps, maybe door handles too, with a black grill (maybe not that black grill) would look pretty nice I think, and the truck would definitely stand out. Especially combined with those wheels/lift.
"Subtle it isnt" lmao. Yeah paint would look best, I agree. Want a off-road bumper so not sure should spend the cash on paint. Maybe the back tho. Love the Storm trooper look me.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by 71_340
Probably add some black fender flares now to protect your paint. As far as the grille, I think a black Lariat Sport grille would look much better and less gaudy.
Hmm didn't think bout that. Tires prolly gonna kick up rocks and chip paint I imagine?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 169 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertLife
Hmm didn't think bout that. Tires prolly gonna kick up rocks and chip paint I imagine?
With those offsets? Yeah. And given it's white even regular dirt/mud that doesn't hurt the paint right way is going to spray back and show big time. For off-road I'd throw on flares.

If you are off-roading a black coated bumper would look good too or PTM and get clear film installed (though doing that just trades one expense for another, I think). One thing for sure is enough time off road is going to beat that chrome bumper to hell.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:59 PM

To echo what the other guys have said, I would ditch the grill. The wheel offset doesn't look right, black fender flares may help.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,391 Posts

You've personalized your truck, made the way you want. Why would you listen to other peeps tell you to change it because they like something different?

I like it. It's different. Not like everyone else's. The only absolute I see are rear wheel well liners.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

OP, I agree with idrive through and through on this one. Personally I think your truck looks badass, good mix of painted trims, black wheels and the chrome bumper which looks nice on light trucks. The grill is like matching your hat to your shoes, it works great in this instance.

Drive what you love, if you think it looks good then roll with it. I wouldn’t say the grill looks dbag, it works nicely with what you’re putting together.

Quick Reply: Unimportant question