Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh at a loss what to buy...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Ugh at a loss what to buy...HELP!

I went to the Chicago Auto Show yesterday and spent a good hour just looking at the F-150 in its different trim levels and paint colors. I originally was set to buy a Platinum but hadn't seen the Brunello interior yet and also wanted to check out a Lariet to see what the difference really was.

But then I looked at the King Ranch and now I really don't know what to do. I do know this after black leather for 10 years I want something different! I have been wanting something in the brown leather family hence the Brunello and now King Ranch leather.

My impression of the Brunello is it's nice, different then the pictures I have mostly seen. With direct light you see the redness come out of the leather giving it frankly an odd color that didn't really do it for me. However in indirect light it has a nice brown color and I liked it a lot.

Then I looked at the King Ranch and LOVE the brown leather! Not a big fan of the western theme but it seems to be a bit more toned down in 2015. I will probably swap out the wheels anyway and would do one color vs two tone.

So it really gets down to the grill and wood trim color of the two. I like the wood in the Platinum a lot better than the King Ranch and I like the grill of the Platinum better and actually like the satin color (will most likely buy silver). I also am up in the air if I like the black trim pieces like the doors, floor runners etc vs the King Ranch being brown. I am struggling as to which pros and cons are more important.

Also haven't decided if I want to lease or buy this truck, haven't leased in a long time but with being a first year, not knowing market acceptance which could impact value, new Syn coming out and probably a new transmission it might be smarter to lease this one. Do a KR or Platinum lease better?

Bottom line is they are both really nice but the few changes really give them a different feel.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 1,613 Likes on 910 Posts

Most of what you're debating are personal opinion. Colors, style/look. Only you can choose those.

Lease or buy? If you don't drive over the mileage, want to get a new vehicle sooner, and don't mind paying out a bunch of money to "borrow" a vehicle, well, there you go. Not sure what you're asking about a KR or Platinum "leasing better". You can lease just about any new vehicle.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:26 PM

Received 250 Likes on 156 Posts

Sounds like you want a Silver Platinum with the Brunello Leather. Now you get ask 3.5 or 5.0 and 3.55 or 3.31? Honestly these are your choices and yours alone. What will make you happy. A loaded Platinum has it all, you will not regret not getting anything. Wishing you had something later can be frustrating.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

These are all personal choices. I as well love the brown/tan interior. I have the same interior in a BMW and it's beautiful. The only problem is if you wear blue jeans a lot the blue color will rub off on the seats and over time it will discolor your seats no matter how much you clean the leather. The other disadvantage of tan interior is if you have kids. Kids LOVE to kick the back of the front seats and if they're wearing black soled shoes you will have black marks all over the backs of your seats.

I agree with the assessment of getting the platinum with all the options. It's better to Have an option you don't use much than it is to not have an option you wish you had.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015PlatF150
These are all personal choices. I as well love the brown/tan interior. I have the same interior in a BMW and it's beautiful. The only problem is if you wear blue jeans a lot the blue color will rub off on the seats and over time it will discolor your seats no matter how much you clean the leather. The other disadvantage of tan interior is if you have kids. Kids LOVE to kick the back of the front seats and if they're wearing black soled shoes you will have black marks all over the backs of your seats.

I agree with the assessment of getting the platinum with all the options. It's better to Have an option you don't use much than it is to not have an option you wish you had.
What about a King Ranch with all the options? Or is that not possible?
Old 02-15-2015, 11:46 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

You could get a Lariat and add all the bells and whistles of the KR, and be close to the base price of a KR without all the bells and whistles.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:41 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I dont think there is any options on the platinum you can not get on the king ranch. There are a few interior details that vary like the trim on dashboard etc but you can get all the same packages and features. There are a few things that come standard on plat but are extra on the KR. The KR leather is superior quality to all the trim leathers offered but the durability is still an unknown. I know the KR leather has its own leather conditioning instructions because its not a coated leather like the other trims.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:58 AM

Received 250 Likes on 156 Posts

The leather listed for the Platinum is called Luxury Leather and not shown as available for the KR or Lariat. I would think it is the highest quality.

See the sales brochure. You can download a PDF

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/broc...150216055800:s
Old 02-16-2015, 07:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1969TxCowboy
You could get a Lariat and add all the bells and whistles of the KR, and be close to the base price of a KR without all the bells and whistles.
Was thinking the same. Not sure if the KR has massaging seats as an option? But as aside from that, I have a quote for a Lariat that is pretty darn loaded up, and it is about 8k less than I'd pay for a KR base here in Canada...
Old 02-16-2015, 08:23 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by gibson00
Was thinking the same. Not sure if the KR has massaging seats as an option? But as aside from that, I have a quote for a Lariat that is pretty darn loaded up, and it is about 8k less than I'd pay for a KR base here in Canada...
Unless I'm mistaken the "Multi-Contour Seats" in the King Ranch 601A package are the massaging seats.

Quick Reply: Ugh at a loss what to buy...HELP!