Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 03:12 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tuners

I have a 2016 5.0 and looking at tuners. I see sCT, superchips, MPT, BAMA, diablosport

if there anything that quantitatively says what these tuners do different from each other? Are they simply gaining throttle response/hp by getting you to change to premium. Has anyone not done a test of these against each other?
Old 07-09-2021, 05:52 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts

Tuners are usually pretty protective of their specific programs, but the basic recipe is pretty much the same. Clearly, some are better at it than others, so reputation is important.

I would poll other 13 gen 5.0 owners to see who they like, or go with a tuner with a good reputation.

Short of running your own (expensive) test, too many variables to compare different trucks/drivers.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:29 AM

Received 179 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Elkmtb
I have a 2016 5.0 and looking at tuners. I see sCT, superchips, MPT, BAMA, diablosport

if there anything that quantitatively says what these tuners do different from each other? Are they simply gaining throttle response/hp by getting you to change to premium. Has anyone not done a test of these against each other?
I have an SCT/BDX and it works great with my 17 5.0. I have run the Omega tune and now I'm currently running the 5 star 91 performance, but I also have their adaptive octane tune I haven' tried yet. You can get a tuner with anywhere from 3 to 5 tunes included if you purchase it through one of the tuning websites. I tend to stick to the holiday sales because I hate paying full price. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Tuners