Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms dash readout

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms dash readout

Hello all have been reading for a while and can't find the answer. I have a 15 f150 screw xlt. I installed new rims without tpms sensors what's the deal with the dash still showing the old psi from the factory rims does this truck not live update. I would figure it would throw a low tire light by now driving it well over a week. Or am I just crazy
Old 05-23-2018, 10:57 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Received 677 Likes on 494 Posts

When I had one of my wheels being repaired mine either showed blank, dashes or I had the warning. It's been 2 years ago so I don't remember which; but I know it didn't show the pressure that it had when removed.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:03 PM

Its weird no tpms sensors but still showing readings which I'm sure are not right I would think the truck would pick up on lack of sensors and throw a light
Old 05-23-2018, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are your old wheels with the tpms sensors close to the truck where you park at night? Like in the garage next to your truck?
unless your new ones have the tpms and you didn't know?
Old 05-23-2018, 11:31 PM

No sold the old set of oem tires and rims so no way for them to pick up signal. Never check oem tires for pressure to see if system worked to begin with I do plan on getting tpms at some time just want to know if my system is jacked before my warranty runs out or if it's normal. Btw new tires and Tom's this weeks or so
Old 05-23-2018, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramontr
No sold the old set of oem tires and rims so no way for them to pick up signal. Never check oem tires for pressure to see if system worked to begin with I do plan on getting tpms at some time just want to know if my system is jacked before my warranty runs out or if it's normal. Btw new tires and Tom's this weeks or so
That's strange man,,, I'm just as baffled as you are now - maybe bug your dealer before warranty is out. On my other cars, the tpms knows right away when a tire is missing, I can't see why ford would be different.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:44 PM

I will definitely will especially if the new sensors dont read right psi good thing I'm friends of friends of the owner it's just a bit farther than I want to drive

Quick Reply: Tpms dash readout