Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there a better website than Ford to locate a specific new truck??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 108 Likes on 85 Posts

Default is there a better website than Ford to locate a specific new truck??

So I'm having a hell of a time finding a 2015 with the color/body style/ options I want, so far I have only found 2 within a 300 mile radius and they wont dealer trade with my local dealer to give them up... Plus the two I found have some things I don't need like the Fx4 package and center console, I would have lived with those additional options though if they would have been willing to dealer trade it to my dealer.

So is there any other websites out there that may have a better search function to find a specific truck than fords website does??

I'm looking for a 2015 supercrew XLT, 6.5 box, 302a package, 36 gallon tank, 3.5 ecoboost, 3.55 locking rear end, trailer package, in ingot silver or magnetic grey.

If I was looking for a 5.5 box I would have hundreds of choices!!!!

I'm in Rochester NY also
Old 03-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,214 Likes on 2,873 Posts

why not just special order one and then get EXACTLY what you want..yea the wait is a little longer but it will pay off in the end
Old 03-05-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for the same configuration only in Lariat. Extremely hard to find long beds. I would order but figure the negotiation process is a little easier with something that's already available.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts

I don't know of any website, but your dealer has the ability to search by options & distance. If your salesman isn't willing to work for you, find another.

That being said, I agree that ordering sounds like a good option for you. If you don't think your dealer will negotiate from invoice price, search this forum for 'X-plan' & you'll find many different ways to qualify.

There's also a thread here about other people's deals as a guide.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/post-...ight=post+deal
Old 03-05-2015, 10:25 AM

I cant order a truck as I have to have this deal done in 30 days as ford as replacing my current truck after all the issues I have had with it.

The local sales manager is the one looking for the trucks, I don't know how motivated he is to do an exhaustive search, or how motivated he is to get the dealer trade done as they wont really be making much money if any at all on this deal. He found one truck, and I found the other so far.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr1216
I cant order a truck as I have to have this deal done in 30 days as ford as replacing my current truck after all the issues I have had with it.

The local sales manager is the one looking for the trucks, I don't know how motivated he is to do an exhaustive search, or how motivated he is to get the dealer trade done as they wont really be making much money if any at all on this deal. He found one truck, and I found the other so far.
Ford should be willing to place a priority 01 order & get you in the front of the line for builds. This has to be done thru the Regional Manufacturer Rep.

Have the sales mgr make the call to at least ask if this is an option for you.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rich33Y
Ford should be willing to place a priority 01 order & get you in the front of the line for builds. This has to be done thru the Regional Manufacturer Rep.

Have the sales mgr make the call to at least ask if this is an option for you.

I like your train of thought but I doubt they will do that for me. I'll have to see what they say.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:30 PM

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

I would try cars.com. I think that's the best search option outside of using Ford's website.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ODucksFan
I would try cars.com. I think that's the best search option outside of using Ford's website.
X2

If they show a actual picture of a truck, it is usually in stock. If it is a computer generated picture, not a chance.

Why not just deal with the dealers directly that have a truck that is close to what you want thru their fleet or internet department?

Your local dealer's service department does not care where you bought your truck. Good luck.

Last edited by Boatmanbuzz; 03-05-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Auto Trader is another option as well. They don't always have pictures and you have to rely on them to have what they are advertising as available.

Quick Reply: is there a better website than Ford to locate a specific new truck??