Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync 3 Voice Recognition Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 535 Likes on 393 Posts

Default Sync 3 Voice Recognition Performance

I have researched the forum, owner's manual and Sync 3 website, but I cannot find any information related to my issue.

In my truck, Sync 3 voice recognition is the most worthless piece of c%$# that I have ever dealt with in a vehicle. I travel frequently for business so I have a wealth of experience in how it should work in different makes and models of rental vehicles. My wife has a 2016 Ford Edge with the same system and it works fine. So, the problems:

1. Two phone numbers saved in my phone (1) Home (2) Depot Home (I changed the name in an attempt to alleviate this problem). Push the voice button, state "Call Home" and voice recognition ask if I want to call "Depot Home" without a Home option
2. Push voice recognition, state "Call Wife" and it will give me a list of 4 people like (1) William ….. (2) Steve ….. (3) Adam..., but no wife. I use her name which starts with an "A" vice using "wife"
3. Push voice recognition, state "Find a Place", "Costco", and it returns a list of things like O'Reilly, Cash and Carry, etc.

Is there a way to reprogram the voice recognition system or is this a problem that needs to be addressed by the dealership? I have noticed that the aluminum body (roof top) and panoramic moon roof causes significant feedback issues when it rains. However, rain does not cause any issues with my wife's car and she has the panoramic moon roof too.

Last edited by GMC to Ford; 04-12-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:41 AM

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

I use Android Auto for this very reason. My Google assistant voice recognition is very good.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:15 AM

Received 257 Likes on 167 Posts

For Me... Voice Recog, is absolutely, unequivocally , USELESS, in my 2016 F150... Now.. with my Garmin it works flawlessly and every time... and with my Samusng products, it works 99% of the time... but NOT my Ford.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

The voice recognition leaves a lot to be desired. Use AA or CarPlay, you’ll be much happier.

Quick Reply: Sync 3 Voice Recognition Performance