Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sadly disappointed by FORD Customer Service again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sadly disappointed by FORD Customer Service again!

Year ago I had a big issue with my truck when they had to replace the throttle body of my truck with 5,000 miles on it, my truck kind of went off in the middle of the highway with all my family in it, we got the scariest experience in the middle of the highway back then. They had to replace the Driver side wheel hub too for other reason about the 4x4 making noises and after all these bad experiences Ford Customer Service got in touch with me and offered me either a complementary Maintenance Plan or Extended Warranty on which I choose Maintenance plan, got the car serviced 2 times in the dealer already with the plan but now I have the issue that they canceled my Maintenance plan because they said when the time came to choose between the 2 options that I didn't choose anything so my case was closed few moths back, But this is not true because I did choose Maintenance Plan and the lady who was dealing with my case told me that everything set up and ready to go with Maintenance.
Somewhere there they made a mistake and file wrong information in my case and now they are saying that the case was closed because I didn't make a decision about it, this is completely outrageous to find out how things get done in Ford Customer Service in a wrong way, now they said I have to call again and again and try to talk to the Regional Manager because the case is closed already and they can't do anything about it.

George Mera.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:14 PM

Received 462 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgemera
Year ago I had a big issue with my truck when they had to replace the throttle body of my truck with 5,000 miles on it, my truck kind of went off in the middle of the highway with all my family in it, we got the scariest experience in the middle of the highway back then. They had to replace the Driver side wheel hub too for other reason about the 4x4 making noises and after all these bad experiences Ford Customer Service got in touch with me and offered me either a complementary Maintenance Plan or Extended Warranty on which I choose Maintenance plan, got the car serviced 2 times in the dealer already with the plan but now I have the issue that they canceled my Maintenance plan because they said when the time came to choose between the 2 options that I didn't choose anything so my case was closed few moths back, But this is not true because I did choose Maintenance Plan and the lady who was dealing with my case told me that everything set up and ready to go with Maintenance.
Somewhere there they made a mistake and file wrong information in my case and now they are saying that the case was closed because I didn't make a decision about it, this is completely outrageous to find out how things get done in Ford Customer Service in a wrong way, now they said I have to call again and again and try to talk to the Regional Manager because the case is closed already and they can't do anything about it.
George Mera.
If you used the maintenance plan to get your vehicle serviced at the dealership twice already, there should be a record of those services that you can use to prove you had the maintenance plan I would think.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

You did not get anything in writing or e-mailed to ya or any other proof and Ford is at fault. Want to buy a bridge? Seriously you never thought about getting anything to prove you had selected this option, did you write down the names of the people you talked to during or keep any E-mails?

I learned a long time ago document everything and keep copies yourself.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts

Old 07-09-2018, 05:42 PM

Received 238 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkLeRaRa
If you used the maintenance plan to get your vehicle serviced at the dealership twice already, there should be a record of those services that you can use to prove you had the maintenance plan I would think.
Agreed. Apparently the dealership thought so too. Contact them.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:43 PM

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

If the dealer let you walk out without paying after having maintenance done they must be under the impression you had a plan as well, contact them and see if they will go to bat for you.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:40 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Get a call recorder app on your phone. I never talk to any customer service without getting my own recording.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately, I left a voice message to a Ford Customer Service manager and they never got back to me.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:58 AM

Received 578 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgemera
Unfortunately, I left a voice message to a Ford Customer Service manager and they never got back to me.
Your best bet is to walk in and expect to stay awhile. Ask nicely about it to the service writer, if he can not answer ask to speak to the GM. Ask nicely and you will get answers to your questions in real time. I have never had any luck calling and leaving a message for any service writer. It is to easy for them to get busy and forget about the call.

Quick Reply: Sadly disappointed by FORD Customer Service again!