Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev/Ford vs. Bak Revolver X4 Hard Rolling Tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 03:00 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Rev/Ford vs. Bak Revolver X4 Hard Rolling Tonneau

Hey guys. I know there are a million tonneau threads and I've probably read most of them in my search for my tonneau purchase .I have it narrowed down to the Rev/Ford branded hard roll up cover or the Bak revolver x4.

I really like the Rev/Ford version because I like the logo and it has received almost unanimous positive reviews. The Bak, on the other hand, has had a few negative comments like fit and finish and leaking.

That said, the Bak is about $300 cheaper delivered! I know the logo of the Ford branded one is not worth a $300 premium. But before I choose the Bak over the Rev, I wanted to know if anyone knew of any other significant difference between the two or reasons for choosing one over the other. Is the Rev any better? Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:20 AM
Moddicted

Received 388 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by toro1966
Hey guys. I know there are a million tonneau threads and I've probably read most of them in my search for my tonneau purchase .I have it narrowed down to the Rev/Ford branded hard roll up cover or the Bak revolver x4.

I really like the Rev/Ford version because I like the logo and it has received almost unanimous positive reviews. The Bak, on the other hand, has had a few negative comments like fit and finish and leaking.

That said, the Bak is about $300 cheaper delivered! I know the logo of the Ford branded one is not worth a $300 premium. But before I choose the Bak over the Rev, I wanted to know if anyone knew of any other significant difference between the two or reasons for choosing one over the other. Is the Rev any better? Thanks in advance for your time.
My understanding is that they are the same just different branding. I own the Ford branded one and love it. I’ve owned many tonneaus and toppers and this by far my favourite.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Yeah ford doesn't make the cover, it's just an x2/x4 with a ford sticker.

I have an x4, i like it. Install was easy, adjusting it so that it doesn't hit the tailgate took some trial and error.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by duck9191
Yeah ford doesn't make the cover, it's just an x2/x4 with a ford sticker.

I have an x4, i like it. Install was easy, adjusting it so that it doesn't hit the tailgate took some trial and error.
That's the problem, I don't think it is. My understanding is that Rev makes it, not Bak and there are rumors of improvements to the Bak design - but I am not sure what they might be. Hardware, etc?

Do you like your X4? Any issue with fit, finish, or leaking? Thanks again for all of your time.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 AM

I would bet they are all the same cover made by BAK just rebranded, they are identical in design (from the pics i can find of the rev) in the edge latch and end latch, retention mount and over all construction.

It's nice, i have yet to notice any water getting in other than some around the tailgate which is probably from the tailgate itself. Fit is fine, finish is a bit rough, the ends where its cut were just colored with a sharpie and have wore off so its bare aluminum. Reason i went with it was it works with the access adarac and provides a bit more security than a soft cover. One down side is the SOB gets hot in the sun and will burn your hands when rolling it up if you don't touch the felt.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:52 AM

Thanks Duck! I appreciate that and the pics! Great color Just picked mine up last weekend. Think I am sold. You have the 6.5 ft bed as well - correct? Looks like it from the pics. Other than the ends of the metal, any other issues with fitment or rough finish?

I would bet they are all the same cover made by BAK just rebranded, they are identical in design (from the pics i can find of the rev) in the edge latch and end latch, retention mount and over all construction.

It's nice, i have yet to notice any water getting in other than some around the tailgate which is probably from the tailgate itself. Fit is fine, finish is a bit rough, the ends where its cut were just colored with a sharpie and have wore off so its bare aluminum. Reason i went with it was it works with the access adarac and provides a bit more security than a soft cover. One down side is the SOB gets hot in the sun and will burn your hands when rolling it up if you don't touch the felt.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:05 AM

Yeah its a 6.5. Nope, the outer seal on the bed rails takes some sun or a heat gun to get the wave out of it from being rolled up, but it went away in a few days. The texture of the x4 makes it a bit hard to clean, always seems to look dirty but i wipe down with 303 and that helps.

contact realtrucks.com and ask for a quote, they can give you a better price than what's published..
Old 07-18-2018, 11:48 AM

Yeah its a 6.5. Nope, the outer seal on the bed rails takes some sun or a heat gun to get the wave out of it from being rolled up, but it went away in a few days. The texture of the x4 makes it a bit hard to clean, always seems to look dirty but i wipe down with 303 and that helps.

contact realtrucks.com and ask for a quote, they can give you a better price than what's published..
Thanks again Duck! Just ordered from Luke here on the forums. Great price! Can't wait to get it. Appreciate all the info.

Quick Reply: Rev/Ford vs. Bak Revolver X4 Hard Rolling Tonneau