Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocating Front Camera

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Relocating Front Camera

I am looking for any information on relocating front camera on 2015 lariat . I installed a Ranch Hand full replacement bumper and even with the cutout it blocks part of the camera . I was wondering if anybody knows if they make a relocation bracket for factory camera with an extension for the cable or if the front camera uses a standard plug to plug into the screen and if any aftermarket camera could be used and just plugged in in place of factory camera . Thank you for any assistance .
Old 08-18-2017, 06:21 PM
Flaccid Member

Received 569 Likes on 358 Posts

I haven't seen anything of the sort. I have a prerunner bar on my bumper that blocks quite a bit of the camera, but I'm just going to deal with it.

I can't think of a way to do what you want to do without it coming out looking like garbage, or exposing sensitive bits out near your grille guard... but maybe I don't understand what you want to do.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 583 Likes on 444 Posts

Camera-Source has good quality products. They have a surface mount camera system that is plug n play with Sync 2

https://camera-source.com/2015-f150-...-displays.html
The following 2 users liked this post by carrierj:
devinsdad (08-18-2017), mudmedic (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 11:50 PM

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE=DeltaNu1142;5436387]I haven't seen anything of the sort. I have a prerunner bar on my bumper that blocks quite a bit of the camera, but I'm just going to deal with it.

I can't think of a way to do what you want to do without it coming out looking like garbage, or exposing sensitive bits out near your grille guard... but maybe I don't understand what you want to do.
[/QUOT

I was trying to figure out if where the factory front camera plugs into the screen is a standard camera plug and if so if i could use an aftermarket camera mounted to the mesh on the ranch hand bumper . I would just have to figure out how to mount camera then i could run wire from new camera to where factory camera plugged in and just unplug factory camera and plug in aftermarket camera and leave the factory camera where it is in case i sell truck and want to put old bumper back on .
Old 08-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Flaccid Member

Received 569 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by mudmedic
I was trying to figure out if where the factory front camera plugs into the screen is a standard camera plug and if so if i could use an aftermarket camera mounted to the mesh on the ranch hand bumper.
Oh, I see. Well, I don't think so. I can say with certainty that the plug on the camera side isn't anything standard. You may be able to figure out which of those camera wires to connect to a standard plug, if the video format isn't proprietary or something, and just plug a camera onto the grille side of the harness... but then I'd expect that the alignment and the "matching" with the other cameras in the 360 system would be a challenge. And then there's the question of what field of view you'll need to buy in a camera... it might take some experimentation. I think it's unlikely to work, but it might not be impossible.

Last edited by DeltaNu1142; 08-19-2017 at 04:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mudmedic (08-19-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Worst hairday ever...

Received 253 Likes on 165 Posts

On the 2015 the cameras are NTSC signal format. However there are no RCA connectors so you would need to make your own adapters or hack into the OEM harness to connect an aftermarket camera. Possibly Camerasource might have something.
mudmedic (08-19-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 09:46 AM

Received 367 Likes on 268 Posts

The jumper harness for the camera in the grille is pretty cheap (see signature for write up on 360 cameras for part number)

When I was testing the system I was able to remove the harness without removing the grille.
I would by the new harness and if you are planning on using a different camera just cut off the connector that would go to the front camera and splice in a female rca and use the power/shield (ground). But the down side to this would be the LIN would not be connected so you would not be able to see all the front camera views
Or extend the harness if you want to use the OEM camera.
mudmedic (08-19-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 11:35 AM

Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by mudmedic
I am looking for any information on relocating front camera on 2015 lariat . I installed a Ranch Hand full replacement bumper and even with the cutout it blocks part of the camera . I was wondering if anybody knows if they make a relocation bracket for factory camera with an extension for the cable or if the front camera uses a standard plug to plug into the screen and if any aftermarket camera could be used and just plugged in in place of factory camera . Thank you for any assistance .
why not just grind the hole bigger? Throw some paint and done.