Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchase Timing Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 05:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Question Purchase Timing Help

Been lurking around the forum doing lots of research and reading - now I'm looking for some input on timing a purchase.

Living in Houston, TX and have a 370Z 6MT at the moment, and yes this is going to the opposite end of the spectrum vehicle wise. But it's time for something practical, and the manual transmission in Houston traffic has gotten quite old.

All that being said, I'm wondering when Ford might have the more aggressive financing options back in place; I've heard Ford truck month? I'm in a 0% loan now, and don't really want to do anything with a high rate (all of Ford's rates are quite high right now, and I have 800+ credit).

Any thoughts / inputs / experience is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 232 Likes on 172 Posts

Usually it is better to take the rebates and go with regular financing. Right now Ford's incentive programs run until 4/2 do you want to wait to see what the new programs are? Buy off the lot or order?
The following users liked this post:
chopin_guy (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

thought I saw something recently for 2.9% on the XLTs maybe? each region is different though incentive wise. talk to your bank or local credit union? rates are in the 3% range here for good credit.
chopin_guy (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a 2018 XLT and IMO, Ford Credit isn't using promo rates to move more vehicles. Rather, they seem to be targeting those who may not be able to get credit elsewhere, and charging them accordingly.
With 800+ credit, the best financing they could offer me with was 5.9% !! However, the highest value rebate stack I found included financing through Ford; which I did because I wanted the cash.
So I'll pay 5.9% for a month or two and then refinance the loan for 2.9 through my credit union.
BTW, the finance guy agreed with my approach.
chopin_guy (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgtrades
I just bought a 2018 XLT and IMO, Ford Credit isn't using promo rates to move more vehicles. Rather, they seem to be targeting those who may not be able to get credit elsewhere, and charging them accordingly.
With 800+ credit, the best financing they could offer me with was 5.9% !! However, the highest value rebate stack I found included financing through Ford; which I did because I wanted the cash.
So I'll pay 5.9% for a month or two and then refinance the loan for 2.9 through my credit union.
yep, go with all of the rebates/incentives and then refinance with a credit union a few days after purchase.
chopin_guy (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:45 PM

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

I ususally purchase towards the end of Winter. Half of the time I order. I get A-plan, so I only like to pay for what I want.
I just find that in Feb/March there is brand new inventory for the popular and expensive stuff. There is “older” CY inventory in less popular configurations. And, there is usually left over PY inventory. The dealer I was at yesterday has a 2017 Limited in the showroom for $20k off MSRP.

Jump to the the important part.
The rebates are good, and I just financed through Ford Credit @ 0.99%. When asked how much I was putting down, I asked why I would put anything down..?
chopin_guy (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:47 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

A-plan gets the lowest rate.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Truck Month starts in TX next month... start searching at the end of this month and buy in March
chopin_guy (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 07:58 PM

Wow -- thank you for all the quick feedback!

Originally Posted by mdphotographer
Usually it is better to take the rebates and go with regular financing. Right now Ford's incentive programs run until 4/2 do you want to wait to see what the new programs are? Buy off the lot or order?
I'll be buying off the lot - know I have better chance of negotiating a better deal that way. Besides Houston area dealers stock crazy numbers of F150s - so I should be able to find what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by mdgtrades
Originally Posted by dominatorlp
yep, go with all of the rebates/incentives and then refinance with a credit union a few days after purchase.
Like the sound of this idea - though I'd love to see 0% nonetheless. Never refinanced a vehicle before - what are the closed fees / process like?

Originally Posted by Danager
I ususally purchase towards the end of Winter. Half of the time I order. I get A-plan, so I only like to pay for what I want.
I just find that in Feb/March there is brand new inventory for the popular and expensive stuff. There is “older” CY inventory in less popular configurations. And, there is usually left over PY inventory. The dealer I was at yesterday has a 2017 Limited in the showroom for $20k off MSRP.

Jump to the the important part.
The rebates are good, and I just financed through Ford Credit @ 0.99%. When asked how much I was putting down, I asked why I would put anything down..?
What did you year & configuration did you buy at 0.99% - I'd be open to a 2017 at that rate if they still had a configuration I wanted. Of course, that could be a local offer - might not apply to TX.

Originally Posted by Teaberry
Truck Month starts in TX next month... start searching at the end of this month and buy in March
I wasn't sure if it was March or April. I've been doing lot's of research, but very well might hold until next month to see what comes around. Nothing pressing on this vehicle switch - so I have time.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:13 PM

Disregard this reply - all the replies are now showing up in the multi-reply above - thread was acting strange.

Quick Reply: Purchase Timing Help