Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Priority 10 vs Priority 20 orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

Default Priority 10 vs Priority 20 orders

If a dealer places an order for a 2015 Ford F150 with a Priority 20 designation will that order be processed before a Priority 10 order?
Is a Priority 20 a dealer stock designation or a Custom Order?
Is a Priority 10 order processed before a Priority 20 order or vice versa?

My dealer ordered my truck as a Priority 20 and said the order was a dealer stock item that would be processed as the dealers initial inventory stock.

I am starting to doubt the Priority 10 order was the right move in Lieu of Priority 20.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 333 Likes on 214 Posts

It's all explained on the 'Ford Priority Codes' website...suggest Google.
The following users liked this post:
Aquapools (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 98 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered my Xplan Platinum on 7/28 and dealer ordered it as a customer order priority 10. They have since ordered one more for their dealer stock as a priority 20. They already have a scheduled build date of 11/3/14 for their truck and nothing for mine.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
It's all explained on the 'Ford Priority Codes' website...suggest Google.
Curmudgeon,

This is what I pulled off a Priority Code forum.
Retail orders are given a priority of 10-19, Stock orders get 20 and up.
Basically it is the way that dealers indicate what orders they want their cars built in, all things being equal. Lower numbers get built sooner, but it only really matters w/in the dealer, not between dealers (as I understand). Mine is a 10.

I thought that stock orders Priority 20 got first priority and would be built first since it appears that two guys on this forum ordered their vehicles Priority 20 on Aug 22 and Aug 24 and already have build dates and VIN numbers. My dealer ordered mine August 20th and I have nothing at this point.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought Ford clearly stated that 2015 F150 dealer stock orders would be built first in order to get inventory out to the dealers and custom orders wouldn't be processed until January.

This makes sense and why dealers are ordered customs trucks for customers as dealer stock so they can get them in earlier. Any dealer that orders a truck for a customer as a custom order code is not keeping up with the news.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 PM

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by latech_pilot
I thought Ford clearly stated that 2015 F150 dealer stock orders would be built first in order to get inventory out to the dealers and custom orders wouldn't be processed until January.

This makes sense and why dealers are ordered customs trucks for customers as dealer stock so they can get them in earlier. Any dealer that orders a truck for a customer as a custom order code is not keeping up with the news.
The other reason they do it that way is to get the glitches out of the system before they build customer orders...
Old 09-22-2014, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by steevr
I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered my Xplan Platinum on 7/28 and dealer ordered it as a customer order priority 10. They have since ordered one more for their dealer stock as a priority 20. They already have a scheduled build date of 11/3/14 for their truck and nothing for mine.
I talked to another Ford Dealer today and he claims that the Priority 10 trumps the Priority 20, but I think they are missing the point that this time around the stock Priority 20 will get built first as evidenced by others with the Priority 20 designations being given build dates and VIN numbers.

I am like WTF am I speaking Greek to these dealers or will someone finally wake up!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

So often my experience is that dealers or sales people know quite a bit less than informed consumers. I would classify people like us on forums to be keen and typically informed. Seems fairly clear to me that dealer stock will be built first just like the Mustangs. I have a Platinum 2015 on order and they processed as dealer stock. VIN is in the low 3000's and I'm in Canada.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:17 AM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Custom orders usually get priority. But for the initial stocking of dealers and working out bugs for new models, dealer orders get built first.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:57 PM

Received 98 Likes on 69 Posts

Saw my dealer's phone number come up on caller id....I nearly wet my pants. My hope was that may Xplan custom order got scheduled. No such luck. However, the news was just as good. He said that he just submitted for me a dealer stock order identical to mine. He said once one gets scheduled first, he'll go out and cancel the other one.

With seeing posted scheduled build dates already into mid-november, I'm hoping for a late November/Mid December build date. I'd be a happy camper if it got here before the end of the year. I'm also thinking there's enough other units in front of this one to hopefully work out any issues in the build process.

Quick Reply: Priority 10 vs Priority 20 orders